MRI to manage CPP study in London

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
helenlegs 11

MRI to manage CPP study in London

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Researchers at Queen Mary, University of London, are looking for women to participate in a national study into how MRI scans can be used to manage chronic pelvic pain.
http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/n ... _1_1793523

This is definitely billed as a national trial.

Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
molly

Re: MRI to manage CPP study in London

Post by molly »

Hi Helen,

I phoned up to find out about participating in this trail.

A very helpful lady answered but the bottom line is it is for people who have chronic pelvic pain without a diagnosis, so that knocks us out, but well done for spotting it.

Regards Molly
helenlegs 11

Re: MRI to manage CPP study in London

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Oh shame about that Molly, as it said 'managing' the pain I hoped it would suit many of us. I may still count as I have so many diagnoses ranging from back to pelvic nerves to central sensitisation and back to back ;) They may still take me just to untangle it all?
Well done for ringing and finding out. Thanks for letting us know, at least any none diagnosed now know that they are helpful.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”