New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ritak

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by ritak »

kone, that is awesome that you are still doing well from your shockwave therapy. i hope that the second round of it goes well also. i am really making some great progress as of late with my treatment with chad bieler.i am actually feeling my pelvic floor muscles relax. i did not realize just how tight they were till they did relax.i have been able to do more and lay around less. i do not hurt after my job anymore.i still get some pain later on at night but that has even been less intense.
i am going to continue to get my fascial/muscle release and chiro adjustment treatments for as long as it takes me.
good luck on your treatment kone
rita
perineal pain started may 2011
continue to take Tramadol daily, Vicodin as needed
Dr Antolak diagnosed PN in Jan 2012, not sure about his diagnosis
recomendations he gave me were injections....which I decided not to do
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Dear Rita,

I am happy to hear of your progress! Chronic illness can really cast a gloom over one's outlook and life. To experience progress means there is hope, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we walk into that light soon! When I get back, I will need a good chiro guy, and it sounds like your guy is good. I will definitely look him up. Thanks,

kone
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Just got back from a second series of Shockwave treatments with Dr. Andrews in Cornwall, Ontario. There were 5 treatments this time (Monday - Wednesday). I have some swelling in my pudendal area, and some pain. Not real bad, but noticeable. I can report that I sat all the way home on the plane with no problems or pain. I continue to do my stretching and will wait for the swelling to go down and give updates as appropriate. I have seen some signs of improvement already and hoping for more.

kone
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for reporting back, Kone. Hope things continue to settle down and improve for you!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ritak

Post by ritak »

Kone,
Glad things went well. I was thinking of you as I knew you were having your second round.Let us know how your upcoming weeks go with everything.
Rita
P.S. I am continuing to get better also.This may seem like an odd question. I know that your a dentist right? Have you ever heard about the relationship between the floor of the mouth and the floor of the pelvis mimicking each other? Supposedly there are some healthcare practioners out there that believe in this theory and if major chages are made to ones occlusion or extractions during orthodontics making the the arch smaller can affect what goes on with the pelvis.The floor of the mouth is like a hammock just like the pelvis. Just wanted to know if you have ever heard anything on this topic. I not sure how I feel about this but we are all conected :)
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Rita,

No, I do not know of any correlation between the oral cavity and the pelvic floor. I tend to doubt there is any positive correlation only because I have seen so much dental disease in the mandible and the patient is fine down below.

Glad you are getting better. I will likely follow up with your chiropractor.

kone
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Great news Kone. You will be able to reassess your situation once the swelling has died down, It all sounds extremely positive.
Did the treatment get any easier second time around?
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

The treatment is still very painful at times. The second treatment protocol is 3 days instead of 5 days, thus, there is less cumulative day pain. In my first session of treatments, I was so sore by Friday, I did not know how I was going to get through that last session. I was treated from Monday - Wednesday (5 treatments) and I was not that sore going into the final day. I am stretching more than I ever have to try to keep any gains that might have been made. I have also been able to completely go off my medication that I previously needed for PN. I don't feel that I am cured, but significant improvements were made over the two treatment sessions. I can comfortably sit now (although I still use a cushion) for hours on end with no discomfort. I can also exercise more forcefully without aggravating PN issues. I will post again in another week or so as to progress.

kone
ritak

Post by ritak »

Kone, Thats wonderful! Hopefully you continue to get better and better as the weeks go on.
about 70% better
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Ritak
I was interested in what you said about mouth issued and dental ones mimicking pelvic ones.
Im off to bed now but will write again tomorrow,
As I had some major dental pain issues a couple years before all my pelvic stuff began... and my dentist (a very bright and caring guy) mentioned occlusion... is that the bite and alignmnet of the teeth?.... mine being highly irregular.

Will talk more later
Thx ...sounds strange but interesting!
Kathy

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”