Saving your ligaments during operation

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
janetm2

Re: Saving your ligaments during operation

Post by janetm2 »

Hey Helen,
Ditto to Karyn's note but I do have a favoritism (okay maybe not a real word?) Towards burgundy! Yes we just want a little of those other things now and then. I am coping by staying home today one frigid trip to work yesterday in the teen temp was enough. My sitter was sore by the end of the day and the feet just hate the cold. Finished a book today and attempted to get an appointment with a new pain guy, waiting for the new patient coordinator to call back. Have a nice day everyone.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Janet, hope you were able to get your appointment. I noticed you said your PN was squished between the 2 ligaments. Mine was too and in those cases the only way I know of that the nerve can be released is to cut one of those ligaments. Of the 2 the SS is smaller and seems less important. So, Helen1000, it's not a perfect choice but if you are in a lot of PN pain may be the lesser of 2 evils to risk having some instability post-op.
helenlegs 11 wrote: There are so many fantastic hair colours now I'm tempted. . . pink :) or a deep burgundy ?? Maybe I am actually trying to reinvent myself. . . . . NO, too scared ! :lol:
I agree with Karyn -- you're fantastic the way you are Helenlegs! :lol: Speaking of scared -- my husband cuts my hair. He offered to do it and it was scary at first but he's getting pretty good at it. I got tired of the salons butchering it. :roll:

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Violet,
Thanks for the support for my appointment. It turns out to be like when I went to Dr Marvel, you do not get an appointment until all your doctors send in notes from your last 2 appointments and the pharmacy sends your 6 month prescription history. My GP has outsourced everything so it could take another week. Luckily I am still covered currently and just researching a new possible way to help lower the pain. Probably I will get a March appointment. Also hoping to help others in this area if I find out this doctor/pain clinic is helpful. Take Care
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Helen and friends
I have been hairdressing for forty years! Love your grey ! ( pink blue yellow ect) it can frighten small children at our age) save your penny's! Go to an excellent salon, and come out , with a "sore ass" but feeling gorgeous
Anne smith!!
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Yes Anne some things are simply have to be done simply because 'we are worth it'. :D
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “SURGERY”