PRF

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
kathyd

Re: PRF

Post by kathyd »

Guys
Sorry for typos...

This msg is for Donstore.
Thx for your reply ...I had the same result as you with my embolization in 2011...no change. But the doc only did one side and suggested a new mri so he could try the other side He thought it was worth trying. I am skeptical that this will help but did the MRI.
I had it done at a local hospital as I needed anesthesia so I wouldn't feel the pain of laying on the table... and the results they got weren't clear enough! Darn!!
Dont know if Hosp for Speci Surgery would put me under for an MRI but if I want another emboization will prbably have to get yet another clearer MRI....
Not sure if its worth itl

Do we know of anyone with sitting pain or painful bladder issues that were cause by varices? These were the only signs of "compresssion" I had on all my previous MRIs... in the pudendal branches.....
Thanks folks...
My best,
Kathy
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Hey Kathy and Don.

I too have Varices pressing on my PN as indicated by a Potter MRI. I feel bad that we are hijacking this post so maybe we should start another but I was curious if you guys feel the varices are the cause of your PN issues? I get the sence that you are wondering the same thing Kathy. Is embolization the only technique they use for pelvic varices or do they use some of the other treatments used for more common varicose veins like those in the legs?

Thanks
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
Ivahybrid

Post by Ivahybrid »

Where in the US do they do PRF? I live in Minnesota. Checked out the Denver Pain Clinic and they have issues with their business.
Ivahybrid
Ivahybrid - 1991 diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, TMJ. 2009 trouble with left hip, had steroid injections good for 2 years. Discomfort sitting after being on antibiotics for a year due to chronic bladder infections. Diagnosed with vulvodynia in 2011, pudendal neuralgia in 2012 with Dr Stanley Antolak. 3 nerve blocks to date, Dr wants to do a 4th. Still trouble sitting or walking distances.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Elmwood
I feel bad ..I think I hijacked the PRF thread and brought in the varices topic?
I have heard of something called "sclerosing" the varices.. There was something that Dr. Hibner is doing with varices, that Dr Potter Alluded to when I met with her in 2010 but she was not specific. Im not sure whether it was sclerosing or something else? I would be interested in discussing this.

Maybe we can start a new thread regarding the varices topic. Thanks!
Kathy
molly

Post by molly »

Hi Kathy,

Sclerosing is when a chemical (oily phenol) is what is used in the UK, is injected into the blood blister, for want of a better word with the effect of shrivelling it up. I have knowledge of it been done to haemorroids and oesophageal varices, but not in this area.

Hope this is helpful

Regards Molly
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Thanks Molly
It sounds similar to emboilizing the varices at least in its effect, as the doc said it would shrivel up the varices etc.
Thx for the description
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

2 office visits and $500
It lasted 9 months and I just had my second one done. Easy breezy
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Carolyn,
You do mean PRF don't you? Did you find that your symptoms returned over time and then needed the procedure again?
So pleased that this has helped you so significantly :)
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

I was starting to have rectal pain again so I went for the second one. I cannot say enough good things about Denver pain management and dr Robert wright
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Cari,
Happy for you that it helped you! Hope it continues to.You are very lucky to have found a good pain doc!
Could you pls tell us what the first step is in order to get PRF as I am a bit confused.
I had some kind of a block in November, put near my painful area (anus etc) The pain doc was a real jerk (to put it mildly) and as I sat in his clinic awaiting results, he asked if his block was numbing me at all..I said "maybe a little" and he said something about "in order for me to be eligible for a certain procedure (forget was he called it but it sounded similar to PRF) I would have to have been made numb for approx 6 hours...He then rudely commented "you are a mess",
basically meaning my issues were something that one simple block wasn't gonna cure.

Needless to say I have a new pain doc ...his colleague, who has since moved to a new office.
I want to ask him to do PRF for me.. What does he need to do first?

I am awaiting a pain pump trial but the "red tape" involved takes awhile. Im in terrible pain every day and need to get relief, I'd really appreciate if you could explain how the PRF process works
Thx and best of luck to you!
Kathy

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”