Valentine's Day

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
Meliora

Valentine's Day

Post by Meliora »

This is my first Valentine's with PN. I had symptoms before, but not to where they totally changed life. Certain "things" are not possible, dinner out/movie is a no due to sitting, etc. I feel bad as I don't know what to get for my hubby. It's been a hard year for us both and I wish I could make things more normal. Last year I was eating Italian at a cozy restaurant and had a great day with hubby. I am just feeling a bit down about it all. Sorry, it's just one of those days.

I do hope everyone on the board has a happy day tomorrow with those you love.
janetm2

Re: Valentine's Day

Post by janetm2 »

Sorry to hear you are not able to enjot last year's bliss. I am now able to eat out but usually too busy at the restaurants so bad service and food keeps me home, of course my Anniversary is next Fri so we can enjoy the calmer time. I am cooking but just started fentanyl patch and no alcohol my hubby bought pinot noir and a chocolate dessert zinfandel wine. Maybe you can order a movie online or rent and watch from sofa or bed? I feel worse for my sisterinlaw as my brother died end of nov so she no longer has a hubby to even spend time with. I hope you can find some way to show you care and a way to be together.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Happy valentines everyone <3 <3
My husband and I are not doing cards for the first time, think it is a sign? Well just a sign that he has absolutely no romance in his soul!
For our first valentines together he got me a dozen eggs!!! . . . . . . Oh how I laughed :x . . . . . . . (should have got the message then and stotted them off his little baldy head). . . . . . the next one he took me to see Hannibal at the pictures.
He thinks it's funny.
Anyway tons of hugs to all that may be in need on this day of romance, we will be having omlette ;)
Helen x
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Meliora,
Yes, it certainly is an adjustment when these types of "holidays" come up. Of course, it's bad enough that certain things are no longer on the table, but I miss going out to dinner and the movies, too. Even a romantic Hannibal film! :lol: However, I really don't dwell on it much anymore. For special occasions, my husband will often get take-out and I enjoy that very much! I don't have to cook, and I love eating other people's food! :D Janet had some really good suggestions about renting a movie and snuggling up together. Each day is what you make it!
Helen, Helen, Helen ... is there a story behind the eggs? :lol: When I first read your post, I thought they were chocolate eggs, and was thinking, "OK. A bit odd, but that's not so bad. At least it's chocolate." :roll: After reading it again, I realize they were real eggs?!?!?
helenlegs 11 wrote:He thinks it's funny.
I think he's funny, too. But then again, I'm not married to him! ;)
Sooooooo ... are omlettes your normal, romantic Valentines dinner fare? :lol:
Happy Valentines Day to all Pelvic Pain Sweethearts!
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Karyn wrote:
Helen, Helen, Helen ... is there a story behind the eggs? :lol: When I first read your post, I thought they were chocolate eggs, and was thinking, "OK. A bit odd, but that's not so bad. At least it's chocolate." :roll: After reading it again, I realize they were real eggs?!?!?
helenlegs 11 wrote:He thinks it's funny.
I think he's funny, too. But then again, I'm not married to him! ;)
Sooooooo ... are omlettes your normal, romantic Valentines dinner fare? :lol:
Happy Valentines Day to all Pelvic Pain Sweethearts!
Hugs,
Karyn
It's his 'hilarious' take on a dozen roses Karyn. . . .see what I have to put up with :roll:
xx
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

helenlegs 11 wrote:It's his 'hilarious' take on a dozen roses Karyn. . . .see what I have to put up with
Aaaaaah! Well, Helen, seems there aren't alot of dull moments in your house! :lol:
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Helen, I think your husband is awesome :lol: Seriously I am not a romantic gal at all and have let my husband know from our very 1st year of dating that I am a Valentine Scrooge and would prefer to skip it. But now you got me thinking, a dozen eggs and a horror movie might have been even better :lol:
Just letting you know, you don't have a bad husband, just some incompatibility of temperment. For revenge, bake him a lovely cake for his birthday but "forget" to add sugar ;) It could be worse, you could be married to me :lol:
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
birdlife

Post by birdlife »

Lucky you Helen! I get the same moth-eaten recycled Tesco Value card every year (if he can find it) and that's it. Gimme your eggs! ;-) See, HM, you've got a transatlantic rival!
PN, possible entrapment at ischial spine -Dr.Natasha Curran, National Hospital for Neurology, London.
2 -Xray guided double nerve blocks -Dr.Baranowski - no relief.
TP self-massage reduced piriformis pressure on p nerve.
Dr.Greenslade/Bristol:
CT guided block (left) 16.7.12- success! Could sit without a cushion! On a brick wall!
06/2/13 - Sit pain gradually returned, L3. Offered further CT-guided block, or an op. Had to decline at time.
Feb '15. Applying to be referred again to Dr G.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I'm not a hearts and flowers girl myself and thoroughly detest lurve songs for instance. When we were married 6 years ago, we had 'I like the way you move' by the Bodyrockers as 'our tune' :D There was NO WAY we would have something sickeningly sweet. It went down a storm :)
Didn't even get as much as a moth eaten Tesco's card this time. He has just bought me a smarties Mcflurry tho', happy with that, AAahhhhh!
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

Helen, I might take a dozen eggs! Useful they are, flowers die too quick! At first I was like a smarties McFlurry....ick! Then I realized smarties in Europe are not at all like the US version of the candy. We have similar here, M&M Mcflurry....yum! :)

Her majesty, for me romance and PN......not so much. I told hubby to skip the card this year, although I found one quite fitting and I broke my own request and gave him one!

Janet, very sorry to hear about your brother. :(

Karyn, I love take out! Cooking.....ummmm, I stink at it. I would actually rather clean. If PN goes away....I will clean everything I can! ;)

Sunil,...yes, still blessed indeed. Love of course should always be daily, not just on holidays!

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”