Pharmaceutical R&D on neuropathic pain

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Dave

Re: Pharmaceutical R&D on neuropathic pain

Post by Dave »

Here is another drug in development:

Lpathomab is a biotech drug being developed by Lpath in San Diego. It finds & neutralizes fat molecules implicated in neuropathic pain.
jogom

Post by jogom »

after more than a year, nothing seems to have changed but the increase of the pain. Is there an imminent new product aproval on the pipeline?
jogom

Post by jogom »

Any knowledge to share with deep brain stimulation?
merrie

Post by merrie »

I am currently looking into rTMS as an option. I am starting to research to see what I can find on the topic.

http://www.smartbrainandhealth.com/chronicpain.html
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
jogom

Post by jogom »

I see that this technique is applied for depressive people. If you know anyone treated succesfully on neuropathic pain. please make me know it. I wonder how expensive can be those treatments. Hope you find help on this.
merrie

Post by merrie »

I was quoted a price of $13,000 for initial treatment with annual boosters required in the $3-4,000 range. THis is before insurance. As of now many insurance with cover this treatment for depression but not chronic pain.
PNE onset 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
PT with PHRC in May 2013
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

merrie wrote: As of now many insurance with cover this treatment for depression but not chronic pain.
So can you just ask your doctor to code your illness as depression instead of chronic pain? I think the two go together anyway.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
merrie

Post by merrie »

The insurance company has a whole list of treatments that one must have failed before they qualify (ie failed 2 courses of antidepressants, being treated by psychiatrist, other things). I am working on trying to figure this all out since I clearly have developed depression/PTSD from this illness like a lot of us have.

Will keep you all posted as I am very interested in pursuing this if I can get it covered.
PNE onset 9/2008
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
PT with PHRC in May 2013
jogom

Post by jogom »

Did anyone try a couple of drops of oil 31 swissjust? I tried it a week ago, through the low pudendal way. It gave me a fresh sensation that calmed my pain for 2 hours and let me stay in the chair working. Not very academic post but sharing my experience.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”