Colorado

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
carolynm

Colorado

Post by carolynm »

I recently found out. There was someone in my little town with PN. Due to confidentiality reasons I cannot get her name. If anyone on here is from steamboat Springs, I want to find you!

Cari.
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
HerMajesty

Re: Colorado

Post by HerMajesty »

If you heard this from a health care provider...I have met several people in my city with PN through health care providers, without breaking confidentiality. The way to do it is to leave your contact info with your provider(s) and tell them you are willing to have your info distributed to any patient with the same diagnosis. That way, the other patient(s) can call you if they wish, and there is no break in confidentiality because you gave permission to have your info handed out.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”