Chiropractor question

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
gracie

Re: Chiropractor question

Post by gracie »

Nyt,
Thanks for the response. I am so glad you have found a chiropractor that has been able to help you. I am at a loss for what to do right now because I spoke to my PN Doctor last night and he was against me seeing a chiropractor. He said some have benefited, but some have been made worse. He wants me to have a second round of blocks first. He said sometimes after surgery the blocks can be more effective. This will probably be my next post. I would really like to know if others out there have had success with this. The chiropractor that I was going to see does have other patients with pelvic nerve pain so that made me a little more comfortable to see him. Decisions decisions...never know what is good for me and what is not. Frustrating.
I do really appreciate all the support and info from everyone.
Gracie

PS. Karyn,
I had to get my gumption up to be forward with doctors because I was too disappointed when they just kept telling me they didn't think they could help me. I decided it was time to take a little control of my own time and get the disappointment over before I got my hopes up too much. I think it helps to at least feel in control of my life instead of PN controlling me :)
PN Pain started 12/08
Numerous nerve blocks
Diagnosed 6/09 - Pudendal nerve blocks
TIR Surgery 2/10
Still have PN pain and still looking for cure
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Nothing's ever easy, its it Gracie?!?
Personally, I think you stumbled across a fantastic find: A Chiro who's familiar with pelvic nerve pain! You'll know after ONE visit if this person is going to make you worse or not.
Best wishes with your tough decision and know you'll have ooooodles of support, one way or the other!
Warmest regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
gracie

Post by gracie »

Thank you Karyn. The support from everyone here means so much to me. It feels good to give support too. I don't know how I would have made it without keeping up with the only people who truly understand and get it.

Gracie
PN Pain started 12/08
Numerous nerve blocks
Diagnosed 6/09 - Pudendal nerve blocks
TIR Surgery 2/10
Still have PN pain and still looking for cure
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

gracie wrote:The support from everyone here means so much to me. It feels good to give support too. I don't know how I would have made it without keeping up with the only people who truly understand and get it.
Me, too!!! :D
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I went to a chiro. yesterday and I asked him to do some research on my condition beforre I went. He said he would not. I asked him if he would talk to the PT I have been working with a couple of times that specializes in this condition; he said he would not. He does think he can help me because he helped one lady with a pelvic problem before, and he has more education and training then most chiros. That is the short of it. Two operations and 2 yrs. of work with different PTs and many other things I have tried with no success; I thought I would get a different set of eyes on this, but I am not very happy with his response. All he keep doing is tooting his own horn.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Ray P., let us know if your visits to this chiro helps you. My chiro did do some reading about PN when I first started to see her. Now it is mostly maintenance to keep my hips in alignment because I spasms and it throughs me out. Plus, laying on my side all the time and when I sit I lean to one side throughs all kinds of things out of wack so she at least tries and keeps other things where they are suppose to be from the compensation. If this guy doesnt' work out, look for another one. Took me a couple of tries before I find one that I liked and would listen.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I don't think I will see this guy. I just went to see him because he is my sister's chiro. I have one I use that I like a lot. I just have not been to him in years because he told me then that he did feel confident treating me for this. This was before my first surgery. I heard since then he treated someone for my condition. Maybe he has learned something. My sister's chiro told my sister he has treated people with this condition. When I went to see him it turned out he had not. My issue is the money thing. Has anyone been treated by a chiro successfully? I can relate about your body being out of whack for compensating so much. I trashed my shoulders from lying on my side so much. My neck is a problem also.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

I think I just had a successful chiropractic treatment but am waiting to see if it really lasts. I was having pelvic instability since my surgery. PT and my acupuncturist keep fixing me when it would go out of whack and I am doing core strengthening but although longer between times my acupuncturist said to try a chiropractor he has sent patients to and vice versa with PN. He said it would only be one or two treatments not 3times a week forever. So I went to see Keen Blaker who says he does not read your chart but evaluates by looking at you and treating what is wrong. He said he learned from Palmer out in Calofornia and his card has DNFT on it that is Directional Non-Force Treatment, anyway it seems to possibly be different than others and I think it worked but it has just been less than a week and want to see if it lasts. I feel like finally I am standing and walking straight without trying to force myself. I am pleased and actually somewhat surprised. I honestly would not have tried just anyone but being referred I felt in safe hands. I hope you find some help.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Lola2

Post by Lola2 »

janetm2 wrote:I think I just had a successful chiropractic treatment but am waiting to see if it really lasts. I was having pelvic instability since my surgery. PT and my acupuncturist keep fixing me when it would go out of whack and I am doing core strengthening but although longer between times my acupuncturist said to try a chiropractor he has sent patients to and vice versa with PN. He said it would only be one or two treatments not 3times a week forever. So I went to see Keen Blaker who says he does not read your chart but evaluates by looking at you and treating what is wrong. He said he learned from Palmer out in Calofornia and his card has DNFT on it that is Directional Non-Force Treatment, anyway it seems to possibly be different than others and I think it worked but it has just been less than a week and want to see if it lasts. I feel like finally I am standing and walking straight without trying to force myself. I am pleased and actually somewhat surprised. I honestly would not have tried just anyone but being referred I felt in safe hands. I hope you find some help.
Janet
Janetm2,

What do you mean by a succesful treatment? no PN/PNE pain?

Lola2
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

Keep us posted Janet.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”