need pain control -

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
kathyd

Re: need pain control -

Post by kathyd »

Hi Shana,
Im in NJ too,so I was glad that Dr Diwan opened a new office in NJ.

His full name is Dr Sudhir Diwan .
His new Phone number is: 646-434-0551. He is in South Amboy,NJ, close to the Garden State Parkway. We went at noon last week and we zipped down there in 40 minutes or less. We loved the free parking as well..Those NY tolls and $$$ parking cost us a fortune between docs and pt.. so we're trying to keep things in NJ when possible!
I forget the street address but I can get it for you. If you do decide to switch to him, I think you eventually have to get Chapman's office to fax your records to Dr Diwan's new office.
I haven't done it yet.. (but will soon).
One thing to keep in mind is that Dr Diwan won't call in pain meds over the phone ...you have to go for a visit to get refill. We find this very inconvenient just for a script refill, but it may be cuz they are opoids and may be a new law with refills of opiod meds. So remember to get him to fill what you need when you're there.
Hope this helps and that he can help with your pain!
Good luck
Kathy
shana

Post by shana »

Thanks Katy,
I appreciate the info, I'm gonna google him. South Amboy is about 40 min from me so though not next door, compared to going into NY it's much much closer.

Usually the meds prescribed for pain are narcotics which can only be filled with an original prescription, they won't even accept a faxed prescription which is why no doctor will call it in, (At least that's the case in NY and NJ) And a new rule that was just passed, I'm not sure by insurance or the state, a narcotic prescription written by a NY doctor has to be filled in NY. So I just went to Dr. Chapman the other day I had to go find a pharmacy near him to have the prescription filled (Had to go to 3 pharmacies until I found one that had the meds in stock)

Anyways, thanks again

Shana
'08 diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis
'09 vestibulectomy-Dr. Goldstein-failed
'11 right labral repair and release-Dr. Coleman
2/10-8/12 severe depression, minimal dr appointmen
4 different physical therapists '08-'12 no improvement whatsoever
'13 pudendal nerve blocks-Dr. Chapman
More PT
Dr. Conway officially diagnosed PN/PNE 7/13
9/13 Bilateral hip repair Dr. Coleman
10/13-5/14 Major Depression, no dr appointments
More PT
6/14 Dr. Hibner confirmed diagnosis
Looking for help..hoping for answers
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Shana,
I live about 40 min from South Amboy too. It is near Garden State Pkwy exit !23 (about). Its located on the Raritian River right after you cross the big Dricsoll Bridge if coming from the North as I am. Its one of the first towns on the waterfront,... Bayfront -berfore you reach the oceanfront towns .

Prior to my working with the pain office my pelvic doc was able to call in my pain suppositories and rx my oral med (which I am coming off of gradually anyway)
Then the laws changed and her office can't write it anymore, so as you said ;now we have to go to the pain doc just to pick up a script..
Im sorry you had to run about NY trying to find a pharmacy. I saw that notice in their office right before he moved. That stinks ..people in real pain have to pay the price for drgu abusers.
Tha'st another reason why we see Diwan in South Amboy, and it is closer than the old locales...no tolls etc.
Im still keeping eyes opon for a doc close to homme as its crazy for hubby to have to take day off from work so we can go pick up a script!
I hope that Dr Diwan can help you.

I am asking him for help in switching me to a med that works better for me that the one Im on and doesn't constipate as severely.. They all do,but I think of all of them --methodone is one of most constipating. I found a new med by researching called Targinact, which combines lextended oxycodone and naloxone ( I think)and has something about it that fights opiod induced constipation without compromising the pain relief part of it..
Waitig to hear back from him.
Good luck !
Kathy
shana

Post by shana »

Hi Kathy,

I'm actually coming from South/Central Jersey, exit 89 off the parkway. It's a 1/2 hr from my house to the Driscol bridge, so that would be great.

So far all the meds of ever been on for pain I couldn't handle, not sure if he'd have any other ideas
'08 diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis
'09 vestibulectomy-Dr. Goldstein-failed
'11 right labral repair and release-Dr. Coleman
2/10-8/12 severe depression, minimal dr appointmen
4 different physical therapists '08-'12 no improvement whatsoever
'13 pudendal nerve blocks-Dr. Chapman
More PT
Dr. Conway officially diagnosed PN/PNE 7/13
9/13 Bilateral hip repair Dr. Coleman
10/13-5/14 Major Depression, no dr appointments
More PT
6/14 Dr. Hibner confirmed diagnosis
Looking for help..hoping for answers
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Shana
Im familiar with your area. We love the shore!
Good luck with Dr Diwan..

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”