help

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
goldcoastman

help

Post by goldcoastman »

Maybe I posted on wrong board. I need name of a physios on the Gold Coast who was treating people with PNE??????? Also mens doctor. I am not sure if this the correct forum for men. is there another one for men?????
gcman

Re: help

Post by gcman »

Get in touch with Peter Dornan in Brisbane who is a physio for PN issues. I believe he has trained a physio on the GC, but not sure who. His receptionist should tell you. I'm on the G. Coast but drive up to Peter Dornan every 3 weeks. Can't help you with a local mens doctor, seem to be plenty of urologists.
Good luck
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

GC man are you improving with Peter Dornan's treatment and exercises. I believe he is very good with men who have SIJD issues.
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
gcman

Post by gcman »

Hello Catherine
I have been slowly improving with Peter Dornan's physo but its been about 18 months to get where I am. Bad days are fewer and with less pain. There are now some days when I have virtually no symptoms especially weekends for some reason. The physio says its because my physical activities are different on weekends compared with the working week. Basically Peter Dornans theory is that an SIJ that has become immobile can tension the PN so he works to loosen the SIJ. This can be physically done fairly quickly but the PN has become hypersensitive and retraining it takes a long time
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

It does sound as if you are on the right track tho' GC man. Hope things improve for you sooner rather than later of course :)
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”