New Member from Maryland

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
jessyw417

New Member from Maryland

Post by jessyw417 »

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed of Pudendal Neuralgia about one year ago by Dr. Richard Marvel. This was after I had undergone two pointless surgeries. Dr. Marvel new what it was the first time I saw him. My regular GYN and my primary doctors had never heard of it.

My symptoms started with pain a couple of days after my period. These episodes would come every couple of hours and would last about twenty minutes. They would knock me off of my feet. There was nothing I could do to help ease the pain. I would be woken up in the middle of the night with these episodes. Other than that, I was living a normal life. The more time went by, the more days the episodes would last. It was so embarrassing I had a very hard time telling anyone because the pain also came with an orgasm. To make everything worse, I had just gotten engaged, I felt like damaged goods.

It wasn't until after Dr Marvel did an endometriosis surgery, that the sitting pain started. I am trying to cope with it. The only thing that helps is Percocet. I don't like to take them with working and I can't afford not to work. Does anyone know if this would qualify for disability?

I had a nerve block done in spring 2010. It worked and it was amazing. I was happy again, living a normal life. Then it wore off, and the second one didn't take (two weeks before my wedding). I am back to pretending to be happy and trying to get by. I have to say, it is nice to know I am not alone anymore.

Jessica
Baltimore, MD
Violet M

Re: New Member from Maryland

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum. You are right, you are not alone and hopefully you can get some answers here. Just wanted to say that it is not unusual for nerve blocks to wear off or to not help at all but that doesn't mean you are consigned to live with the pain. It can be a bit of a journey going through the treatment options but hang in there and keep reading the forum to find out what options you have available.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Is your fiance very understanding about all of this?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
frickla

Post by frickla »

Hi Jessica,

I recently starting seeing Dr. Marvel. Is he still treating you? I don't understand why you say that you got PN after surgery for endo. What happened to cause this and was the surgery that caused the PN with Dr. Marvel or another doctor? What are your options at this point? I hope you will get the help you need.

Laura from VA
nyt

Post by nyt »

Welcome! This site is full of all kinds information and wonderful people. Congrats on your wedding. Please keep us posted on your treatment options, struggles with decisions, and progress.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”