Magnets

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Dave

Magnets

Post by Dave »

Magnets are a very popular item for dealing with chronic pain. I have no idea how well they actually work, but I noticed that there is essentially no mention anywhere of how they might be used with pudendal neuralgia. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm not even sure where you would place a magnet for pudendal neuralgia!
helenlegs 11

Re: Magnets

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I had magnets, like a magnet mat, placed on my bum cheeks during chrio sessions but it did no good unfortunately. I also bought a magnet belt as my piriformis muscles are where my problem stem s from so are much easier to 'access' this way than PN, again nothing worked. In fact where the hell is that magnet belt?? one of those things that is bought and put in a cupboard somewhere and forgotten.
If magnets were effective I'm sure something 'mat' like could be fabricated however. . . . as we keep saying everyone is different so what doesn't work for one may work for another.

Take care,

Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Hi
I to have done the magnet thing! Also had confusion of where to put the dam things??? Let me think, yes I've done the braclet( one cheap then a better one) then small individual ones(I've got shares in boots chemist) then at much later date really splashed out on one off those back to back ones that you where in the front of your knickers(it' was supposed to help with the menopores to!! Did any of these help sorry no! But if any one wants any of mine! Their brilliant at picking up loose hair grips at the bottom of your drawers. "Ha ha"

Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Anne smith wrote:then at much later date really splashed out on one off those back to back ones that you where in the front of your knickers(it' was supposed to help with the menopores to!!
I read about someone being drawn towards supermarket trolleys while wearing those :)

Rosemary x
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

:lol: :lol:

Maybe we just don't need them due to our magnetic personalities ;)

I'd rather take the horrible hot flushes etc than have trolley attraction humiliation :roll: :lol: funny!
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Hilarious!
Gets even better! What if your in a que behind a guy with some loose change in is back pocket!!!
Thank goodness we can laugh
Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
molly

Post by molly »

I also had several months of magnetic therapy with no improvement at all.

Molly
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

I have tried it as well, no improvement. This condition requires different mix of therapies.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”