UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
janetm2

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Post by janetm2 »

I have heard it can take more than one try to get approved and possibly help from a lawyer. I imagine this condition could be sadly harder due to lack of understanding.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

I'm so sorry about the denial, Helen. How disheartening and frustrating! Have you retained a laywer? Please don't give up. As others have mentioned, appeals are necessary, more often than not.
helen1000 wrote:I cannot sit because of PN. I cannot stand for a long time because lumbar discs damage.
Do you have any documentation supporting the above? Either peer reviewed literature or doctors notes? Although, I don't recall reading anything, anywhere about "supportive devices" being a necessity for those conditions. Do you know what exactly their looking for? Cane? Walker? Wheel chair? Seat cushion?
Where do you stand with Dr. Conway? Did he provide you with a letter/office notes to submit to disability?
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Sorry to hear that Helen. As others have already said PLEASE do not give up. . . supportive devices!!! Who says they are supportive and with what condition? regarding PN are there any? and I'm sorry but I think that the USER is the one who will be able to say if they are supportive or not. Hopefully you can think of why any particular supportive devices referred to don't suit you. Even if you can't just keep on with it.
I am coming from a British perspective I know but most of our benefits are refused initially and almost half of the refused ones are accepted by an independent tribunal sometime later down the line.
They just HATE to make it easy for you. Good luck
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

My doctor worked for Long Term Disability company. She had to quit because she could not tolerate nonsense of denials. For example, she had on her desk case of neurosurgeon who was in coma for 3 years. Doctor who reviewed his case before her claimed that ability of this patient were not impaired by his condition. When she tried to say that he could not do operations and will not be able to even when he comes out of coma she was punished.

In US, Helen, there is a law called ERISSA. Do not ask me what this abbreviation means. But in practice LTD does not pay lawyer's fees, moral damages etc. for wrongful denial. In court there is just your lawyer and lawyer of LTD company. Your lawyer cannot use information that became available after filing the case. For example you did 3T MRI after claim was filed and scar tissue found. Since it was after claim this information is irrelevant. LTD company can spy on you, make your pictures and make conclusions. One woman was sitting in chair after stroke in her swimsuit and LTD company concluded that she can work. This law is making LTD companies deny everyone initially. Then if you have character and good lawyer may be you will get something.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Hello Karyn,

I do have MRI of my spine. I have EMG of my pudendal nerve. I visited Dr. Antolack, and Dr. Peters, and Dr. Conway. Despite of differences of their approach of treating PN they all say that I have it. My PT is saying that my internals are all big trigger point.

Supportive devices is just one example of garbage that they sent to my lawyer. For example they said that I exercise for 6 hours a day. It is true but I do low impact routine prescribed by my PT that for example requires to lie in some positions for 30 minutes. It is not like I am biking and pumping iron. I probably should publish this denial letter. It is full of such strange garbage that nobody would imagine that it could be invented.
My lawyer just filed case to federal court but it takes about 1 year to actually have your day there.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”