Deep buttock injections

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Anne smith

Deep buttock injections

Post by Anne smith »

Hi
On perusing the various debates on the causes of p.n something keeps popping up that I choose to push to the back of my mind(by choice) among the many possible causes of this problem in the company of cycling weight lifting ect is deep buttock injections ! Well into my forties had an injection called epo provena! It was a man made form of the hormone progesterone . It is given out freely as birthcontrol to many women, I had it for severe endometriosis ! Strangely I had the last before a holiday I had to Malaysia! This was the holiday that towards the end of I started with the first symptoms of pn! What an awfull thought that something I elected to do could give me such a terrible legacy? Any comments would be apreisiated
Anne smith
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
helenlegs 11

Re: Deep buttock injections

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I have no idea where you had these injections Anne but remember this thread from Kia kaha about arachnoiditis which is something to do with former injections again no clue where but could be spine?? sorry so clueless but it's late ;)
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 866#p34866

helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Sometimes deep buttock injections can cause muscle spasms which can mimic PNE. I know one time I had a resident at one of the pain clinics do my trigger point in my piriformis and it caused me misery for weeks because he just irritated something. Caused a big increase in my pudendal symptoms but once the muscle settled back down to its normal baseline spasm my symptoms went back to baseline. You might want to find a good pelvic floor PT for evaluation and see what they think.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Thanks nyt and Helen! First of all Helen thanks for the link you gave me! I am sure you will totally understand me when hit by another unpleasant and mind blowing condition we have to deside(I'm not even going there!!) I am sure we three will agree that although we are on a mission to make sense of our pain there is annoyingly (like a shoe) never going to be a fit all list of symptoms! Many thanks for your imput! I have joined my partner I n our local pub(as we in England call it) and after a days work(stood up) I desired to have a couple off glasses of fizz! After that I decided that it was ok to sit down( couldn't feel a thing???) oh the folly of it!! But as as I say( and no pun intended) after a few glasses of bubbly"you can't be bitter"
With thanks
Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Could the injections have caused scar tissue to form, Anne?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”