Pain

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
ChrisUK

Pain

Post by ChrisUK »

Hello, am hoping someone might be able to give any insight into what am going through. Feeling isolated with it all. 4 years after developing fissure, fissure healed but pain remains. Each day is bad. Today is excruciationg. Flew to see pn aware physio last week. Like everyone else have seen says not pn but 'muscle issue' caused by tight spasming muscles. The pain is constant so what I have read rules out levator or proc reflux prob. Pain only in anus. I cannot see any other diagnosis other than pudendal related. A diagnosis of pelvic pain syndrome doesn't seem good enough. A label may at least help guide any treatment. Thankyou
Violet M

Re: Pain

Post by Violet M »

Chris, why do they think it's not pudendal? Is there no pain when they press along the course of the nerve? Maybe you have a morestin's nerve? (rectal nerve comes off the sacral area rather than the pudendal nerve)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pafen

Re: Pain

Post by Pafen »

I know this is a bit of a late reply but you are certainly not alone. I have been in pain for over 2 years now from what started out with as a similar condition. I had hemroid surgery in 2011, after all was healed after a few complications been left with a constantly burning rectum with pelvic floor spasm. I have had multiple scopes for what I believed to have been a missed anal fissure or some other pathology but nothing has been found.

My pain is pretty much 24/7. I do take painkillers to take the edge off it otherwise my life would be unbearable.

Things I have tried so far: colonoscopy, physiotherapy, pudendal nerve block which reduced my pain a bit for a few hours.

Just recently I tried a caudal epidural injection. My pain levels did drop to about 2-3/10 from the local anaesthetic but by the time I was ready to leave the hospital when my bladder function had returned to normal function my pain levels were back up to a 5/10. Without my pain medications I would rate my pain as a constant 6-7.

I am going to try another caudal epidural as its believed if you have a few of them they can help break the pain cycle and overall lower your base pain levels.

If you do find something that does work be sure to let me know. Next thing I might be intending to try is a Botox injection into my pelvic floor.
Allan.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”