Surgery with Dr Azsmann

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Earl

Re: Surgery with Dr Azsmann

Post by Earl »

Hi all,
Well it's been a day over six weeks since my surgery . Its been , as you all have warned me , a roller coaster of a recovery .I have done a poor job of giving you all updates. It has been much more painful than I thought recovering but it is healing slowly because I am now taking very little pain meds and none at night . I was tired of feeling drugged and traded some pain for a sane mind. The fourth week after surgery was the worst because it began with me pulling out my pain pump tube. I had no idea how much good it was doing until I removed it. I have bad days and days that are not quite as bad . I'm finding that I'm a little more active that my unoperated side is showing more pain . I was hoping I wouldn't have to have that surgery . I don't seem to have the bad side effects that worried me before surgery such as incontinence and numbness. I do still have some numbness on the side of my penis that the surgery was on. I'm hoping it improves and I probably will wait for the left side surgery until it does. Although more painful than before sex is possible and hopefully will improve too . Dr Hibners paper on recovery says that few show any improvement until four months following surgery.I have a ways to go to reach my presurgery pain level. I have some new pain too since surgery but it seems to be slowly improving . I will say that the Botox,sclaritization ,and steroid injections given all at one time in October of 2012 have caused me problems that continue to bother me. I have some remaining fecal(gas) incontinence and urine dribbling as well as cold sensation on my scrotum that began with those injections and continue . I was worried surgery would escalate those problems which I am glad to say did not. I had zero of those problems prior to my injections. It was my hope that after the Botox wore off In 3 or 4 months that it would improve but it didn't and It's now been almost 8 months .I am to see Loretta the PT at dr Hibners office on June 25 so she can teach me and my wife what I need to do to heal .
I hope all of you are staying positive and finding answers . I appreciate very much your encouragement and support !!
Earl
7/09 penile numbness, sitting discomfort after injury 2 weeks post vasectomy.Neurologists MRIs and urologists. 2/10 Dr Antolak steroid injections ,PN diagnosis. 3/10 MRN. 12/11 Periformis /pudendal surgery Dr Filler . 5/12 "Headache in the Pelvis " . 9/12 Potter MRI .11/12 Dr Hibner -Botox,Sclaritization, nerve block .Worsening.Scheduled for Right TG Surgery with Dr Hibner April 2013.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Thanks for the update. Take it easy and slowly as recovery from this takes a long time. Be gentle with yourself on both the good and bad days. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers as you recover from this surgery.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Earl,

Sounds like you are doing reasonably well at the 6 week mark. I had some worrisome new problems post-op but they eventually faded so as you already know at 6 weeks it's too soon to draw any conclusions. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm having to lay around and wait till the danger passes from a blood clot in my leg because of my lack of activity while recovering from my surgery. I'll be on blood thinner for 3 months . Coumadin . Next time I would request being on blood thinner following my surgery . They act like I'm a ticking time bomb and asked how close to the hospital I live . A clot from the knee to the thigh .
7/09 penile numbness, sitting discomfort after injury 2 weeks post vasectomy.Neurologists MRIs and urologists. 2/10 Dr Antolak steroid injections ,PN diagnosis. 3/10 MRN. 12/11 Periformis /pudendal surgery Dr Filler . 5/12 "Headache in the Pelvis " . 9/12 Potter MRI .11/12 Dr Hibner -Botox,Sclaritization, nerve block .Worsening.Scheduled for Right TG Surgery with Dr Hibner April 2013.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That is bad news indeed, Earl. I trust they have explained why it is so important that you follow all of their instructions on this because it's definitely not something to mess around with.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Earl

Post by Earl »

At this point I feel cures and even improvement is a myth
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Earl,

Did the blood clot finally resolve so that you can move around a little more now? I guess you are now about 6 months out from PNE surgery and things aren't going just perfectly. If it's any consolation, I was not able to start going off my pain meds until about 9 months post-op and lots of people have reports the 10 month point seems to be significant when it comes to improvement. So, I know there aren't any guarantees but maybe it's a bit too soon to draw any conclusions on the success of your surgery. I know it's hard to be on that roller coaster though.

Violet
hopeman

Post by hopeman »

Earl.

Did Dr Hibner cut your SSL and repaired SSL.

Did you develop pelvic instability after cutting SSL

Hopeman

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”