Zithromax

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
purdy

Zithromax

Post by purdy »

I have just been given some antibiotics for Pudendal nerve treatment, and he has given me Zithromax to take. I was to take 4 tablets in one go, then wait amd see. I am not sure how long this takes to work. Has anyone else any idea? I assume, being an antibiotic it will take time. Itis a bit trial and error, as I have had an illness, and could be nerve damage from that.
Dave

Re: Zithromax

Post by Dave »

What part of your body is infected? I've never heard of this as a treatment for neuropathy.
purdy

Post by purdy »

The pudendal nerve region. I have had Transverse Myelitis, so the urologist says it could be a problem related to that, but as i did lots of cycling before hand, he suggested there is a good chance it could be this. Maybe he thinks there maybe an infection as well, and wanted to eliminate that first? All the symptoms tie up to Pudendal nerve damage and transverse myelitis.
shana

Post by shana »

I've been on the Z-pack for other infections and I like it the best, it's the fastest acting antibiotic that I know of, at least for me, and you don't have to be on it for 10 days like most meds.
Hope it will help you,
Shana
'08 diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis
'09 vestibulectomy-Dr. Goldstein-failed
'11 right labral repair and release-Dr. Coleman
2/10-8/12 severe depression, minimal dr appointmen
4 different physical therapists '08-'12 no improvement whatsoever
'13 pudendal nerve blocks-Dr. Chapman
More PT
Dr. Conway officially diagnosed PN/PNE 7/13
9/13 Bilateral hip repair Dr. Coleman
10/13-5/14 Major Depression, no dr appointments
More PT
6/14 Dr. Hibner confirmed diagnosis
Looking for help..hoping for answers
purdy

Post by purdy »

It turns out the Urologist had put me on this, just to rule out an infection. I am going back now in 2 weeks to see what the next step would be. His view is the Pudendal nerve, but as I have had this on the back of a spinal cord virus, AND prior to the illness had done alot of cycling, I suppose it is a valid route to take.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”