The business of stretching

Up and coming news about new ideas, new forums, and other suggestions that we plan to implement in the near future
Anne smith

The business of stretching

Post by Anne smith »

Hi I would just like all your opinions on bending! Am I right in saying if I do a lot of it it makes me "flare" as I am reasonably mobile this possibility has come slow to me, but already I am making some strange shapes when I have to bend" strange ballet moves and much kneeling and bobbing down instead of(not good with a bad knee! Has anyone got one of these grabbers?? I don't care about going all geriatric if it helps? If all this is my imagination just egnore me ! But I think I have Hearn bending is one of the "not to be encouraged before!"
Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
janetm2

Re: The business of stretching

Post by janetm2 »

Anne,
Bending is an issue but not entirely understood by me. I think it is just another way to pull on our favorite nerve. Everyone seems to have different tolerances but it can easily flare for some at a small degree and I think the furtheryou bend over the worse. I got a grabber early on and it is handy for me to get things out of the dryer like my socks that hide in the back! I can do some shortbends but the longer really I should know better.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Anne, if you have a nerve entrapment bending could be a problem. This page explains it:

http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/45

I had one of those grabbers that is shown on the page. It's OK if you are picking up light items and if you have the grabber nearby when you need it (I had several around the house).

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Thanks so much violet and Janet
Yes I now feel it is something I'm going to be aware of!! Strange but when I'm painting I rarely drop the brush, but when I'm hairdressing I'm always dropping my comb!( what we need girls is a flunkie? " servant buy another name!
Appreciation anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
volcanbird

Post by volcanbird »

f
Violet M wrote:Anne, if you have a nerve entrapment bending could be a problem. This page explains it:

http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/45

I had one of those grabbers that is shown on the page. It's OK if you are picking up light items and if you have the grabber nearby when you need it (I had several around the house).

Violet
Violet, I bought a grabber at hardware store. It will pick up many heavy items as well as delicate. Love it. I definitely flare from frequent bending.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

volcanbird wrote:
Violet, I bought a grabber at hardware store. It will pick up many heavy items as well as delicate. Love it. I definitely flare from frequent bending.
That would be great to have one that picks up heavy things. Wondering where you got it from.

Thanks,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEWS & UPDATES”