PT role and paradoxical relaxation by Dr Wise

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Violet M

Re: PT role and paradoxical relaxation by Dr Wise

Post by Violet M »

Selbourne, you need to be careful about posting libelous and untrue information. I agree with Karyn that "Charlie" is not "Charles aka Northernspy" so for you to make that accusation might not go over too well with either of them, especially with "Charlie" since you are accusing him of having been kicked off the tipna forum. There are people who know both of these guys and they are not one and the same person.

Ezer may not like you mentioning his name and attributing things to him that he has not done. He in fact posted that when he attended the WAP clinic they did not give patients trigger point maps so I'm certain Charlie didn't get the handout that he posted from Ezer.

When you can't get your facts straight on some of these things it certainly brings into question your credibility in other areas. You might want to consider whether you might be doing the WAP clinic more harm than good by your posts here.

Violet M
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Selbourne

Post by Selbourne »

Voilet, take up your arguments with Greg and webslave, the people who linked northernspy/charles to trolling.

If Charlie is not Charles, why does he have all the same opinions,? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Did I say ezer has done something, other than communicate with charles? Let Ezer speak for himself. He's reading this but staying very quiet. Qui tacet consentire videtur,,

Me doing WAP no good? I've got you to archive threads full of blatant libel, so i must be doing some good. Strange how you are ready to caution me but made no effort to check on the lies in those threads ,, :roll:
Last edited by mod3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to someone's personal information
DnS

Post by DnS »

I'm so done with this website.... Immature people behaving like teenagers. Too bad you can't stick to the subject of what this website is supposed to be about.
Good bye.
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Selbourne, please review our code of conduct rules. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... p?f=3&t=24
In order to remain a member of the forum, follow these rules or you will be banned.

Mod3
Selbourne

Post by Selbourne »

Mod3, I cannot see how I've broken the rules.

How about this rule
Discuss and debate important issues without personal attacks.
The threads I complained about consisted of nothing much more than one long, intricate, sustained personal attack on someone I know to be a good person. Does the fact that he is not here to defend himself make a difference?

This is supposed to be a PNE forum. Not a CP/CPPS forum. Is Wise a PNE doctor? Has he ever claimed to treat PN or PNE?

They are clearly different conditions if you read the literature. Even wikipedia makes the differences clear, .

So why are you hosting long threads attacking therapists who do not even treat PNE? What policy setting allows for that?,, :shock:

I suggest a new policy — no more discussions about doctors and therapists who treat conditions that are not PNE. How 'bout that :?:

Maybe that will stop some of the name calling and arguments. Some of the 'teenage' behavior.

For those who say CPPS is a pinched nerve and cannot be about the brain,, well you r wrong.
look at Chronic pelvic pain syndrome in men is associated with reduction of relative gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex compared to healthy controls a new study

read this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... lieve.html

and this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22452520

And there is much more like that.. its ignorant to make statements about cpps on a pne forum, and say a therapist is a scammer when he knows exactly what he is doing,, after curing himself from the same condition!

anyhow I can see I have outstayed my welcome so I'll shut up now unless there is anything else ??
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Selbourne has been banned for posting something from someone's personal facebook page.

Mod3
ezer

Post by ezer »

If you read "Charlie's" posts here carefully, you will see that the photos, trigger point maps and other details he reports are all not his. He also reports the price of the course incorrectly, and even reports it as something he was "told". The materials he posts were sent to him by people who actually did attend the clinic (perhaps Ezer?).
I don't mean to revive this thread. I just want to clarify that I was traveling thus I did not log in (I was not avoiding the thread). I also want to clarify that I did not get a trigger point map and I am not the one that took a picture of the "relaxation training" room.
To the best of my knowledge, the picture depicts the purpose built second house that was not completed yet when I did the WAP. I did the clinic in the original small one-bedroom house. But really, who cares. I did the WAP in 2004 and reported in several threads my truthful experience.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Selbourne wrote:Voilet, take up your arguments with Greg and webslave, the people who linked northernspy/charles to trolling.

If Charlie is not Charles, why does he have all the same opinions,? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Did I say ezer has done something, other than communicate with charles? Let Ezer speak for himself. He's reading this but staying very quiet. Qui tacet consentire videtur,,

Me doing WAP no good? I've got you to archive threads full of blatant libel, so i must be doing some good. Strange how you are ready to caution me but made no effort to check on the lies in those threads ,, :roll:
Mods, do you also think it is appropriate to remove this post or at least the 1st link? It contains further personal information naming an individual who paosts under an alias, including his picture. This is the same individual whose facebook page was posted by Selbourne. I don't think personal attacks like this are allowed.
Last edited by mod3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to someone's personal information
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Thanks for pointing that out, Hermajesty. The link has been removed.

Mod3
nomowork

Post by nomowork »

I flew to San Francisco and was treated by Dr Wise, and followed his protocol daily for over 6 months. Unfortunately it did not help, and the pain continued to get worse over that period. I am a skeptical about his success rate claims, though, because to post a rate of success for a treatment method would mean you would have to follow up with each patient to determine if they were better or not. He did not follow up with me on the treatment outcome. It's also important that people understand that Dr. Wise is not a medical doctor, he is a psychologist.

I have since found out that there are many pelvic floor therapist who will treat using similar methods. I was fortunate enough to find an exceptional lady in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have seen dozens of medical practitioners over the past 12+ years that I have been dealing with my pain, but she really stands out as one of the best. If you are in the Indianapolis area and need a PT, I would happily give out her contact information by email, but I don't have her permission to post her name on this site at this point.
Suffered from perineal and buttock pain since 1999. Tried too many treatments to list.
nomowork

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”