Dr. Ansell is not doing pudendal surgery anymore?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
janetm2

Re: Dr. Ansell is not doing pudendal surgery anymore?

Post by janetm2 »

It does seem to be debated about the pelvic instabilty. I believe only my SS was cut and I ended up with SIJD pelvic instabilty after the surgery - prior I had none. I do hope he is correct that you will not get this as it is just another problem to deal with. I am going to aqua therapy to strengthen my core and doing some exercises as well. I use an SI belt for longer drives and cooking to try to avoid getting out of whack. My surgery was with Dr Marvel.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Torbjorn

Post by Torbjorn »

Hi I'm not to good at this . With my meds I feel it's hard to get on the group and talk . I'm in Katy Houston and I'm in between getting a op or a pain pump . I have dr Popeney who is helping me with op if I want it . And he is in a team with other drs who operate on the PN. Im also seeing a wonderful dr about a pain pump. Please email me if you are in the Houston area. haprestegard@yahoo.com . I've been given so many options here so the help has been wonderful . But I'm confused what to do . I was talking to a lovely lady in California but I've lost her details .
I find getting on line confusing when I'm in pain . So if anyone can email me I would appreciate it . I really do not know what to do .
And when I get on the group again I never can find my messages . Honestly I think my brain is not functioning with the constant pain .
There are other drs in Houston apart from dr Ansell . So I hope you guys can see them . Dr Popeney in Sugarland is the person coordinating my operation if I decide to have it . I may go with the pain pump . I loved the dr who talked o me about it . I would recommend anyone to talk to him first .please contact as there seems to be a lot of people in the Houston area . And there is no support group. I really think we need one . I for one would like to talk in person to someone who has this. I just wonder where everyone is ????
Helen . Oh I go under the name torbjorn as my hubby joined me up here's. so it's very confusing .
Please contact me as I really would like to begin a support group .
Tfmcnellist

Post by Tfmcnellist »

I have been scheduled for bilateral surgery on Sept 18 th with Dr. Ansell. I was told today while scheduling the surgery that I will be the last one he will be doing. I asked if there are any doctors in the hospital that will continue with the program and the response was no. He will continue to see those that have had the surgery. I will post updates after my surgery.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's really unfortunate that we are losing our most experienced US PNE surgeon. Did he say why he was quitting?

Hope your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. I will be interested to hear how it goes for you. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Tfmcnellist

Post by Tfmcnellist »

He said he is doing more administrative duties at the hospital and wants to focus on his specialty of Spine surgery. His office manager said she is turning away crying patients every week. I am about 12 days post bilateral. Everything was numb for about 10 days so it was not as bad as I thought. But in the last 3 days or so the numbness has begun to disappear and the old pain is starting to take over. I will update my progress as time goes by.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It's going to take time and will be a bit of a roller coaster for awhile. I wish you all the best in your recovery. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
brnice

Post by brnice »

They told me he's not doing the surgery anymore because it's so difficult to get insurance companies to approve the surgery because it's considered "experimental" since it is such a rare surgery and there is no code for it. In an answer to prayer, He agreed to see me as he operated on my nephew 15 years ago. (Saved his life after a broken neck, now living independently, driving, working). I just had bilateral surgery with Dr. Ansell on December 2. I am still healing from the surgery, but immediately noticed improvement. 2 days after surgery I could feel my toes when I walked, I can pull my knees up when lying down. I still can't sit for long, but he says it will take up to 2 years but I will gradually see improvement.

This is my first post on the site, but the info I have found here has been very helpful throughout my ordeal.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Welcome Brnice,
So glad to hear you were able to get surgery and already have positive results. Just take it slow and realize sitting will take time. I think it was 2-3 months before I could sit 30-45 minutes with a cushion. I still try to get up every hour or so but am doing much better as time goes by. Best of luck.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
brnice

Post by brnice »

Thank you! While I was so discouraged, and cried for awhile, when I first saw this site and realized what an ordeal this condition would be, this has truly been a Godsend. I was able to get help much faster because of it. Thanks to all of you...

.I posted my story under one of the "new to the site" titles but here it is: I had a robotic hysterectomy (they removed a VERY large fibroid tumor) and a bladder sling in July of 2011. I began to have urinary retention, abdominal pain, and difficulty with what my gastro thought was adhesions causing digestion problems.
After seeing many Dr's I was blessed to find Dr Lotze OB/GYN in Houston. I was becoming very ill (including a case of C.Diff), when he diagnosed that when I had the robotic surgery the DR failed to reattach my tendons. It caused my internal organs to fall resulting in my bladder and bowels being crushed, and therefore diagnosed as cystoceyle and rectoceyle. Along with a double iligual hernia from the robotic arm. So in May, 2013 he did 3 hours of surgery to repair all issues, virtually saving my life. When I woke from the surgery I was in extreme nerve pain down my left leg, not helped by any of the pain meds, lasting several days. While I had previously had problems sitting on hard surfaces, it was much worse after the surgery. Also developed a 3rd hernia above the previous hernia repair( also extremely painful).
Dr referred me to Popeny. After the testing and 3 nerve blocks he diagnosed PN and he referred me to dr Ansell. I had bilateral surgery Dec 2, 2013. There were some immediate improvements, but still can't sit for very long. I take Lyrica 150, alprazolam 2.5 and tramadol 50mg. I am also suffering from Graves' disease and still trying to stabilize my thyroid levels which does not help. I am 56. Hoping I am on the road to getting my life back.....
desperate

Post by desperate »

Can anyone please confirm this? I recently read a post under my thread "Hibnery surger...?" and someone had mentioned that they believe Ansell is in fact taking new patients
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.

Return to “SURGERY”