vulvadynia or pudendal nerve

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
chillijava

vulvadynia or pudendal nerve

Post by chillijava »

hi
just wanted to know if anyone knows the differences between these 2 conditions, for instance do you have constant burning pain with vulvadynia and also is the pain worse in the night, unlike pn which is better in the night when you are in bed

andrea
Violet M

Re: vulvadynia or pudendal nerve

Post by Violet M »

Pudendal neuropathy can be one of the causes of vulvodynia. The pudendal nerve is one of the primary nerves innervating the vulva.

Can't say my PN pain was all that great in bed. Certain positions in bed were aggravating and getting to sleep was difficult. Have you tried topical creams? There are different combos of compounded creams that some people have found helpful. I just used a generic form of over-the-counter vagisil. It worked best for mild/moderate pain -- not as good for severe pain.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chillijava

Re: vulvadynia or pudendal nerve

Post by chillijava »

night time in bed is really the only time i get any relief from the pain unless i have to get up for a wee and then the pain starts again, i do use a 5% lidocaine gel but id doesnt really do a lot, i am quite keen to try an amitrytaline cream or gel but i dont think you can get it in the uk, if anyone knows different could they please let me know

andrea

Return to “UK & IRELAND”