Erythromelalgia

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Dave

Erythromelalgia

Post by Dave »

Does anyone suffer from erythromelalgia in the feet or other part of the body?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythromelalgia
Violet M

Re: Erythromelalgia

Post by Violet M »

Haven't heard of it Dave. It looks painful. :cry:

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
emgw123

Post by emgw123 »

Yes. I have erythromelalgia. My pudendal issues began a few years earlier. It has just gotten progressively worse. At least now the doctors have something they can see to treat and take me seriously. I was just diagnosed with the EM a few weeks ago. Any luck with your treatment?
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

I have wondered about this condition. My hands/knuckles and somewhat feet turn red a lot, and have for years. They really do when its warmer. I do not have the pain though, but have other symptoms in general. Well I say I have no pain, my feet do cause me issues. I certainly have PN pain. What are your symptoms?
Dave

Post by Dave »

My erythromelalgia is in my feet only. The problem is mainly with my left foot, which corresponds with the left pudendal nerve which is most problematic.

I get pain from walking and standing. The pain skyrockets when my feet get too warm or I'm on them for two long. When that happens, blood rushes into my foot, and it turns red and hot to the touch.
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

My feet hurt and tingle when too hot. If I wear tennis shoes on a hot day, I want to tear them off! How did you get a diagnosis for this? I have had several doctors mention the color of my hands they are just perplexed.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I had to show a photograph of my feet during an attack and suggest the diagnosis to several doctors. Most couldn't make a diagnosis.

Unfortunately, most of the same medications used to treat EM are the same ones used to treat PN. And therefore, the diagnosis doesn't buy all that much.
katewinslet

Post by katewinslet »

Honestly, the botox did not help. I don't know if it's because my stress quadrupled right after I had the botox done and my depression came back, which always makes my headaches work, or it just didn't work. I know someone who swears by it. I'm debating whether to give it another try or not, I have to speak to my doctor
WINSLET

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”