Can anyone give me medical proof of negative side effects?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
velmartd

Re: Can anyone give me medical proof of negative side effect

Post by velmartd »

Hi HerMajesty,

Thanks for all the knowledge in a SIJD, and the deviated tailbone. This is my problem with also left side PN.
I have been 2 Pelvic Floor PT's, most in the work was internal, the Pn is better, but of course was never resolved
due to the fact, my right ilium/sacrum is twisted forward & down, my left is twisted up and back, of course
I feel off centered constantly. I now have a new Pelvic Floor PT, who says I have to address the pelvis, which
is misaligned first, prior to addressing the PN issue. I go to twice a week, but it never stays. When she does
place back in alignment, what a great feeling. Do you know anyone in Northern California, you feel would be
able to help me in stabilize this pelvis. I asked her if she has seen anyone similar she says she has, but it takes
a lot of exercises, to retrain the muscles that have shutoff. Just wondering your input hermajesty.

Thanks
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That was my problem. Pelvis wouldn't stay aligned more than 5 minutes. Have you tried prolotherapy? That combined with the right exercises helped. If Hermajesty doesn't know anyone in Northern California you could check with Jerry Hesch to see if he does. http://www.heschinstitute.com/

Violet
Last edited by Violet M on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
velmartd

Post by velmartd »

Hi Violet,

I am going to a Prolo doctor next week, to try PRolo either the liagments, must be loose, not sure.
How many Prolo sessions did you have, and do you know where they did prolo injections ?
I here stories, they need to prolo the correct liagments, for it to stay in place.
Was your tailbone and sacrum twisted ? (Mine is to the left)

Thanks for the info
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Hi velmartd, I don't know anybody offhand who does this in Northern California; that does not mean there is nobody. I concur with Violet that you can check with Jerry Hesch; he aligned my pelvis and it did stay in place. The thing about "retraining the muscles that have shut off' - that is a "chicken and egg" kind of issue. A lot of PT's work on the basis that the joints can be repositioned through muscle strengthening. Others, such as Jerry Hesch, believe that some of the muscle weakness is reflexive as a result of joint dysfunction, and that muscle stabilization can be reflexively "turned on" with appropriate joint manipulations. I went with the Hesch Method and had my pelvis realigned permanently in only about 3 or 4 hours over 2 treatments...this after having the same experience of having my pelvis "fall out of alignment" over and over again in spite of progressive core strengthening.
Since your current PT is able to give you significant temporary relief by aligning your pelvis, she might be able to help you significantly more simply by holding the corrections longer, 2 to 5 minutes for each directional force she puts through your pelvis, or stretch she has you do, to realign it. The principle is similar to what you would get if you bend a flexible plastic ruler: If you bend it and let go after a few seconds, it will spring back flat pretty quickly; but if you bend it and hold it bent for 5 minutes, you will create a curve which does not readily re-straighten. Like a bendy ruler, your joints have "elastic" properties and "plastic" properties. If you want to create lasting change, TIME is an essential factor. This is assuming that your PT has the pattern of joint dysfunction figured out, and is using all the correct directional forces but not enough time.
It might also be a case, like the tailbone issue I was telling beverly about, where the pelvis "falls out" because the pattern of joint dysfunction is being only partially corrected. That happened to me too: My PT was having me stretch to correct an anterior ilium, whereas my actual underlying pattern of dysfunction was much more complex. So, the anterior ilium itself would correct and then "fall out" again because it was a symptom of a more complex pattern of dysfunction. Your description, however, "my right ilium/sacrum is twisted forward & down, my left is twisted up and back", makes it sound like your PT has done a fairly thorough assessment and might be able to achieve more permanence simply by increasing time of applied forces or stretches in correction. Can't hurt to try, if you have a good rapport with the PT and don't think she would be offended to be offered advice. If increasing time to hold corrections fails, there is probably a "missing piece" to the pattern ("core pattern of dysfunction") - The pelvis can be stuck in a surprising number of strange positions which can be difficult to identify. For example, many PT's will focus on the upper half of the pelvis (sacroiliac joints), whereas it is possible to have a core pattern of dysfunction in the lower pelvis. If you notice the PT knows mainly how to assess the sacrum and ilia but spends less time examining the hips, ischia, and pubic symphysis, she might be missing something.
Also I am not the queen of all knowledge but I do have a personal bias against prolotherapy; I believe loose ligaments are generally caused by pelvic joint dysfunction and can be alleviated by correcting pelvic alignment. In other words, i am not a big fan of any muscle or ligament work until the pelvic joints are properly aligned: then see what is necessary. I agree with your PT who said that the soft tissue / muscle work is better done AFTER pelvic alignment. Otherwise, whatever work you do, there is an opposing force which will negate it over time.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

When I did prolotherapy I did it in conjunction with PT and manipulations to correct the alignment. The prolotherapy was given into the SI joint/ligaments. It's not something I would do on a regular basis because I have heard of people who developed scar tissue from the injections but 2 injections did not seem to be a problem at all and I am now able to do The Firm workout with light weights.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
velmartd

Post by velmartd »

Thanks Violet & HerMasjesty,

I have had many pelvic surgeries, this is where the problem comes in. I had 3 C-Sections, Hysrectomy, and pelivic resuspension.

All was well for 12.5 years, the problem being is I had colonscopy(which shouldn't have done), and I think it was that set it off.

I changed something in Pelvis to start pulling on everything which way, then that's when the PN Started, and everything else
that goes with PN, constipation, numbness, back pain, etc. I have done months of internal physical therapy, but I felt that
something with SI Joint wasn't right, with the pelvis constantly off balance. Then I went to a new pelvic therapist, who said with
PN, the first thing you do is address the Pelvic Misalignment before anything, else. You need to stabilize your pelvis, first.
I kind of agree because everything will just go back, so I have been working with this PT for a month. She states that she has
seen pelvis's like mine, but I wonder, because of all my pelvis surgeries, if the pelvis has now changed. So she states after your
pelvis stabilizes (with prolo) if necessary to hold the pelvis in place. Then do the internal PT, this is been going on for almost 1 yr.
I am afraid of doing the prolo just because of everything that I had done with pelvic resuspension, that I may entrap even more
nerves. So this is my story....
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, hopefully you can find a manual therapist who can get your pelvis realigned without prolo. It's certainly worth a try. ;)

Violet
velmartd

Post by velmartd »

SIJD - It's strange that when I sit( which isn't often) when I get up it feels like I am more even in the pelvis, when I start to walk.
Then I take several steps, and then I am uneven again. Why would my pelvis realign while I sit, and then when I get after few steps
I am uneven again ?
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

velmartd wrote:Why would my pelvis realign while I sit, and then when I get after few steps
I am uneven again ?
Good question! I'd be interested to hear what your PT's thoughts are about this.
Best wishes,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
velmartd

SIJD / Pudendal Nerve which one would address first

Post by velmartd »

I have SIJD and PN, which would you address first, the PN or SIJD. I have two Pelvic PT's, one says the internal PT, the other says external PT, to stabilize the Pelvis. I am so confused, which one is first, or do you address both at the same time ?

Thanks Velma

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”