Jerry Hesch Treatment

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
beverley

Re: Jerry Hesch Treatment

Post by beverley »

Kiambu Dickerson <kiambu@newyorkorthopedicmassage.com

This is his email address. i tried to see him last week but i couldn't. BTW -- what PTs have you gone to in NYC?
prolonged sitting summer -- Vulvar Burning, Vulvadynia, Urinary Frequency, Lower Back Pain, Numbness in Foot, Pain when sitting, Hip Pain
1/12 90% Better after Pelvic Floor PT and 10 mg of Elavil
3/12 Potter MRI
4/12 MRI showed Labral Tears in both hips
4/12 Hip Injection with Dr Jordon -- some improvement
7/12 FAI and Labral repair Hip Surgery, Dr Coleman, HSS, 10/12-3/13 99% better!
3/13 Flared - present,
7/14 Ilioinguinal nerve block positive
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

thx beverly
for the info. I will post info if i go to this masage person. Did you feel he knew the Hesch method well?
About PTs in NY I saw amy stein at Beyond Basics last year for several months.
A few years back i also went to beyond basics but saw another PT.
Amy, the owner is much better. She is nice to deal with. My anal pain was so bad that I was afraid to let her go in too deep, for fear of after pain, so we didn't get a chance to make much progress, My CNS is over stimulated so I took a break , also due to the logistics and expense of travel to NYC (parking etc Were $$) but i may try again in the future. I also saw Stacey once, she advised a break for the above reasons , But also liked her.
Hope this helps!

Kathy
beverley

Post by beverley »

I saw Kiambu and he was able to align my sacrum and pelvic. For the first time in probably two years my leg length were the same. It felt good. unfortunately, it didn't hold -- which i didn't expect it to so i am going back this week. He is very knowledgeable. He gave me exercises to do. i have never had Jerry Hesch work on me but I have been to many chiropractors, PT's etc and they couldn't align my sacrum -- but Kiambu was able to!
prolonged sitting summer -- Vulvar Burning, Vulvadynia, Urinary Frequency, Lower Back Pain, Numbness in Foot, Pain when sitting, Hip Pain
3/12 Potter MRI
3/13 Flared - present,
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Beverley,
Thats good to hear! When you said it felt good, do you mean your pain disapeared for a little while? Thats great if so!
I'll have to check your previous post but this massage person is in Manhattan right?
Could you pls keep me posted as you continue to go to him if you think he is helping with your pain?

For the time being my hubby has been my transportation until I can drive myself etc, ...and it got to the point where he wasn't up to any more trips to NYC unless we saw tangible results in pain relief...
I have been told by osteopath and chiropractic practitioners that my sacrum is out of line too.. one guy even wanted to to internal work to re-align it....but he didn't seem confident in his experience with it thus far, so I passed on it!
Anyway appreciate if you let us know if you have continued improvement!
Good luck to you!
Kathy
beverley

Post by beverley »

It didn't reduce my pain when i saw him but i was in a flare (which im out of since i swtiched to Lyrica which is really helping me) -- but my back felt so much better afterwards. I am going to see him again this week. If you are in a lot of pain in might be hard because you move around alot on his massage table -- it is all very gentle but there is lots of changing positions. i would probably add him to another appointment in the city. but he was very knowledgeable. I dont think he had ever worked with someone with PN before. I will let you know how the second apt goes.
3/12 Potter MRI
3/13 Flared - present,
Jax87

Post by Jax87 »

Beverley, I'm so glad you are out of your flare! I take Lyrica too, and while I know you wanted to get off drugs completely since your surgery, I'm glad it's helping. Keep us posted on your PT progress.

Hugs,
Jackie
Started with vulva itching 2/11. Diagnosed as vulvodynia and then PN in 01/12. Progressed to sitting pain and constant burning. Received 4 nerve blocks with only temporary relief, did year of pelvic PT before being diagnosed with bilateral FAI and hip labral tears 7/12. Did orthopedic PT 1.5 years. 3/13 Arthroscopic hip surgery at HSS with Dr. Kelly. Take cymbalta and lyrica daily. About 97% better than worst point thanks to combo of surgery and meds. Yay!

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”