adhesion surgery

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Chex

adhesion surgery

Post by Chex »

I was actually speaking to the surgeon who did my vagianal surgery 2 years ago that left me with pne. He asked me if any dr. had ever suggested a pelvic laproscopy operation in which they could search for adhesiions. He said that perhaps I had thick scar tissue at the top of the vagina and possibly removing that could help. I don't know. I have been daignosed with PNE...could this help?
calluna

Re: adhesion surgery

Post by calluna »

When I had the laparascopic surgery to remove all the mesh from the surgery that did the damage to the nerve in the first place and to do LVMR instead, I was told there was lots of scar tissue removed. They were not actually able to access the pudendal nerve, it was completely embedded.

So yes it has been done before.

In essence, is this not laparascopic PN surgery that your surgeon is talking about? My knowledge of anatomy is a bit dodgy to say the least.
Chex

Post by Chex »

No this would not be the pn surgery that my pn specailist suggested. It is the surgeon who did the hysterectomy 2 years ago wanting to see if there is scar tissue and remove it.
calluna

Post by calluna »

So - hmmm, I'm just wondering. You were diagnosed with PNE following that surgery. So, in what would the pudendal nerve be entrapped?
Chex

Post by Chex »

I so wish I knew where it would be entrapped.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I am just thinking that if you started with PN pain following that surgery - then there had to be something happened to the pudendal nerve in that surgery? - or at least, from scar tissue that developed following that surgery? So maybe it would indeed make sense to remove scar tissue that had formed after that surgery.

In my case, I know that I do unfortunately make scar tissue and adhesions like gangbusters. Ok not very scientific terminology there! And in my case my lovely surgeon was not able to get to the nerve, and was not able to release it from all the scar tissue in which it was entrapped ... but he did try.

But I am sure your surgeon knows whereabouts he was working. And I am sure that he wants to try and put things right for you.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”