Better than worst...awful...not terrible...

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
trumedix

Re: Better than worst...awful...not terrible...

Post by trumedix »

Hi a TENS unit is a great alternative and its drug free way to relief pain. I have friends who uses it and they swear by it. Good luck.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

trumedix wrote:Hi a TENS unit is a great alternative and its drug free way to relief pain. I have friends who uses it and they swear by it. Good luck.
I tried a TENS and it didn't work BUT the pain clinic had a 30 day free trial period through the company which i think is fairly standard, so neither me or my insurance paid to try it. If electrical stimulation will make a difference for you, the TENS is the way to do it without implanting something that might interfere with other diagnostics and procedures.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
Yvonne F

Post by Yvonne F »

When I am feeling down.... I play the song by Mandisa - Overcomer, it is on YouTube. :) I hope it helps you too.
neopeius

Post by neopeius »

Thank you for posting the list of PTs with PN experience. I've come to the conclusion that I need one, and I didn't know how to find one.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

neopeius wrote:Thank you for posting the list of PTs with PN experience. I've come to the conclusion that I need one, and I didn't know how to find one.
There is also a pretty comprehensive pelvic floor PT provider list on this site, http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/16
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”