CAN SEXUAL ACTIVITY CAUSE PN??-help!!

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
clo236

Re: CAN SEXUAL ACTIVITY CAUSE PN??-help!!

Post by clo236 »

Hi Rosemary,

Yea she said it was a pudendal nerve injury..which is a relief that she has recognised it. Just thinking that the day before this all happened i slipped groin first onto a saddle of a bike...I never ride bikes and never will again haha so that could be it too...but it was only lightly which is strange. She said it could take 6 to 9 months

I'm just paranoid that I'll somehow entrap the nerve or already have cause I'm starting to get pain when sitting. I mean can you have pain when sitting due to damage of a nerve without it being entrapped?? I ddon't have any pins and needled in the perineum tho.

Hope your well,

Chloe xx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Chloe, it's really hard to distinguish between just neuralgia that will heal on its own and nerve entrapment. Typically people go for the conservative therapies/treatments first and hopefully those will help. Sitting pain may point to entrapment but it's just not quite that cut and dried.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Chloe

It looks like you are going to have to give this the 6 - 9 months and see what happens and in the meantime try not to worry. I was told 2years for nerve healing so your doctor must be optimistic for you.

Maybe keep a daily diary of how you are and then you will have something charted to take to the doctor - if you have to go back.

Although this is the clitoris if you look up the Vulva Pain Society online they have some Selfcare advice on one page that may help you to avoid further irritation down there.

I am really really hoping that with age on your side and a bit of time that this will heal for you. :)

Rosemary x
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi guys..

yea think i'm going to have to just wait it out at the minute and carry on with everything like normal...if that's possible!!!. I'm up to 450mg of lyrica at the minute which is taking that knife cutting sensation away..which is great. It's just the pain seems to be moving from front to back almost.

Gynae said to book an appointment if i don't feel its heading in the right direction around Christmas time which is good...no idea how anyone copes with this pain for years!!!

Chloe xx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Good luck Chloe. Hope to hear more good news from you as things settle down and hope that you can avoid any further treatments. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

hi chloe,
when you said "She said it could take 6 to 9 months" ///did you mean it could take that long for the nerve to heal ?
btw do you have any swelling at all ? sorry, had to ask

get well soon
xxx
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi Mary Jane,

Yeh she said that she expected the pain to go ie the nerve to heal around the 6-9 month mark and no I don't have any swelling. Wish I did so a physical symptom could actually be seen :/

Chloe xxx
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Chloe

Just wondered how you are doing ? Is it going ok at Uni for you ? - i hope so.

love

Rosemary x
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

chloe, if you don't have any swelling down there you should be optimistic !
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hey guys,

Yes i'm really love the course at the minute and have made some great friends so overall uni was a good idea as it has been as a sort of "distraction" from everything. Pain wise I am definitely not as bad as when this first happened. I could barely function properly the pain was so severe. Some days now the pain isn't bad at all and others it is sore/v sore.

However the thing which is worrying is that the pain is moving around and almost feels like along the whole nerve, never in more than one place at the one time. Sometimes it feels like a toothache type pain in my perineum and recently over the past 3 months after using a tampon ( sorry for the info) I felt some burning like a stingy sensation when wearing one so I STUPIDLY poked where it was sore a few times and it set off a burning sensation off and on inside since then. Did I damage a nerve permanently??

For classes I use a hoodie which I roll up and sit on it like the edge of my tail bone (hard to properly explain) which keeps the pressure off when sitting. JUst a question if I sat for one hr a day without the hoodie would that badly damage the nerve? I just worry that if this pain doesn't go i'll end up with depression..I could honestly see it heading that way.

Hope your well,

Chloe xxx

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”