Has anyone had a colonoscopy with anal PN?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
nyt

Re: Has anyone had a colonoscopy with anal PN?

Post by nyt »

Had my colonoscopy yesterday, done under heavy sedation because of all my pelvic floor muscle dysfunction and CPRS in my legs. No problems until about 9:00 pm last night when the urinary urgency, defecation urgency, perineal burning, burning on urination started. I haven't had it this bad in several years and almost out of my mind with the urgency. The husband asked me this afternoon what was wrong with me because I can barely walk I am so uncomfortable. I keep hoping it is going to settle down as I don't want to go to the ER. I know they will work me up for a UTI and tell me that is what my problem is but it isn't. What I need something for bladder spasms. Just trying to keep my mind occupied and distracted but not working to well. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get much more uncomfortable, otherwise, I'll have to go ER and hope they give me something.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, nyt. Sorry this happened to you. Are things starting to calm down a bit yet? Do you have any opioid suppositories -- B&O maybe -- that might help out temporarily?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Things have settled down. Have to be careful how long I'm up on my feet as that kicks it in. Had a Ketamine infusion on Monday and that is what helped.

I previously used B&O but they got so they didn't work and I use low dose naltrexone so I can't take opiates when on that. Dr. Carillo, he is one of the doctors taking over for Dr. Howard, started me on valium vaginal suppositories. They work great, better than the B&O but I've had some problems with them, I get vaginal burning by day 3-4. The compounding pharmacy has tried two different bases but still the same problem. Now I'm going to just try the pill and see how that goes. I've been looking on the IC forum to see what individuals on there are doing so I have some ideas to run by Dr. Howard at my last visit with him in a couple of weeks if the valium pill still gives me vaginal burning.

Violet, thanks for asking.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
river133

Post by river133 »

By the way, my Dr. that administered the colonoscopy has never heard of pn. Surprised ?
:)
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”