Peripheral neuropathy

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
HeleneGail

Peripheral neuropathy

Post by HeleneGail »

Hi all
I have been struggling with PN for over two years . Going from dr to dr. Finally determined that my PN is related to the peripheral neuropathy throut my body. When the PN sympyoms started ( at first golf ball in rectum feeling and need to urinate upon standing) I asked EVERY dr if this was neurological. I recvd the answer "no" from each dr. Finally , I was told it was related. They have no idea why I have any of these symptoms. My PN has progressed throut this time it include every type of unpleasant sensation including PGAD, burning , aching, throbbing , itching etc throut my pelvis and genitals. Just unbelievable!!
I was put on amitriptyline and found some relief but gained 30 lbs . I have since stopped taking that drug and am now on 2100 mg of Gabapentin. Trying to tritate up to 3600 mg but I don't think I will be able to deal with the side effects. I am fine on the 1800mg dealing with the side effects but the PN is still present.
Does anyone have peripheral neuropathy too?
Has anyone seen any dr in the NYC area? I would like to find a neurologist or gynocologist that can help .
Thnx
Hwlene

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”