pulsed radio frequency proceedure

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
chillijava

pulsed radio frequency proceedure

Post by chillijava »

hi all
i am due to have pulsed radio frequency in the next few weeks for my left sided pudendal nerve pain, do you know where abouts the needle will be inserted as nobody has told me and what is the procedure

thanks
andrea
molly

Re: pulsed radio frequency proceedure

Post by molly »

Hi Andrea,,

I had my radio frequency injection at the ischial spine, this was done in London.

Is this OK after pn surgery five months ago?

Regards Molly
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

i presume so, i havent got my appointment yet so it will be after christmas i believe and it will then be 6 months, the new pain clinic know all about my surgery and previous treatments and they are giving me this as they hope it will give me some kind of relief until i can get on the program to see if a scs stim will benefit me, is this not a normal thing to do then after surgery, as my last pain consultant said there was a possiblity of a spinal nerve block to see if it would help 6 months after surgery

andrea
sadie

Post by sadie »

Has anyone heard of anyone having PRFoblasion with success. i have PGAD and have had 2 PNE surgeries so far for severe persistent genital arousal disorder. Just looking into it as I am very leery of this. thank you
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sadie, you might find Carolyn's post at this link interesting: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =74&t=5383

She had pretty bad PGAD as I recall. As usual -- PRF helps some people but not others and you don't know unless you try it if it will help you. The bad news for PN patients is that there are no guarantees with any treatment but the good news is that there are quite a few things you can try and most people eventually find something that provides relief.

Wishing you all the best in your search for answers.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”