Hello from Georgia

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Dogwalker

Hello from Georgia

Post by Dogwalker »

I am very glad that I found this site. After reading all the preliminary information I believe I have found the answer to my problem. I am 56 and my problem lies in the right side of my scrotum only.
I have Osteoarthritis and moderate foraminal stenosis with encroachment upon both exiting L4 nerve roots. Also, loss in disc space height and disc bulge at L5-S1 resulting in moderate right foraminal stenosis with encroachment upon the exiting right L5 nerve root. {MRI Lumbar Spine w/o contrast.}
My neurologist had me on OxyContin for two years. Gradually increasing my dose as nausea appeared between doses. I developed FAI in my right hip with a complex tear of the labrum. Walking was limited to about 40 yards without stopping to rest. I had a total hip replacement, Oct., 2013. I can walk fine now. However, I requested the fresh MRI prior to surgery to make sure my back could withstand the physical therapy required following the surgery. The therapist added leg presses to my tri-weekly workout and that is when I noticed the severe pain in my testical.
I have complained of this pain for about 10 years to orthopedic surgeons, neurologists and general MDs.
I have been off the oxy for 4 weeks and replaced that with Mobic. All seemed fine until the added exercises. I found an old Rx for Tramadol I had from pain management and tried that today after suffering from 5 sleepless nights, terrible pain and a profound inability to get in a comfortable position.
I have always taken the conservative approach to treatments offered to me and avoided lumbar surgery. i.e. spinal fusion. I am going to try Melatonin tonight for sleep. I am reevaluating my hip PT because I am walking fine now and without a crutch.
I look forward to reading the many threads and stories posted herein this official organ of PNE communication and education.
janetm2

Re: Hello from Georgia

Post by janetm2 »

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get some relief with the Tramadol I find it is a help for me with my residual PN pain now post PNE surgery. The FAQs off the home page is a good resource and as you said many other sections of info and stories to read.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Re: Hello from Georgia

Post by Violet M »

Welcome Dogwalker. Glad to hear your hip pain has improved but I am wondering about the status of your labrum tear after the total hip replacement. You may have already seen some of the forum threads discussing the relationship between pelvic pain and labrum tears. If not, you could do a search on Lernica's most recent posts.

I think you are smart to discontinue the exercises that you think may have caused your problem. It might be worth it to find a PT who is experienced in treating people with pelvic floor tension/pain and pudendal neuralgia to see if your pelvic floor muscles are tight. If they are, maybe just some myofascial release will be helpful.

Hope you can get this sorted out. I will be interested to hear how things go for you.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”