Does Dr Baranowski adress the other genital nerves?

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
mary jane

Does Dr Baranowski adress the other genital nerves?

Post by mary jane »

does he address the ilioinguinal and genitofemoral ?? does he give nerve blocks for these?

....I have finally begun to realise after looking at a lot of anatomical drawings that my pain is mostly in the ilioinguinal area or the genitofemoral besides the pudendal....
right now I am waiting for my st thomas hospital referral however if I don't like them and they are again useless I will go on Baranowski's waiting list....

so far, the NHS has been garbage (EXCEPT ucl hospital, they are great), I am a student and HAVE TO GO to univ. whether I like it or not, and yet the doctors I have seen so far are so stupid I have had to figure out by myself what is wrong with me!
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
Rosemary

Re: Does Dr Baranowski adress the other genital nerves?

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Mary Jane

Just my own perspective but try and give St Thomas a good chance before you write them off - you are 'fortunate' in a 'location' meaning to be in London where there are the big Teaching Hospitals and more facilities available to you.

Rosemary x
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

@ rosemary ....my gp surgery in marylebone is worse than the one in wellingborough where my family is... I have had various nerve pains for 5 months now and they tested me for.... NOTHING! they just look at me like I'm crazy/lying. I had to ask for nerve pain medication myself after being told "good luck" and "I think you can get on top of this". I begged at least 4 doctors for lyrica, from private to nhs
the only good hospital around here seems to be UCL, but you are very right ! I'll try st thomas now and see if I meet anyone smart here...I definitely have pure neuralgia and not vulvodynia. I can have a hot bath and use any kind of soap
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Mary Jane

As you probably know the GPs don't like prescribing Lyrica/Pregablin because it is expensive, which may be one reason why you have had a battle to get it. At my pain clinic i am told by one consultant that it is no different to Gabapentin - when a previous pain consultant wrote to my doctor suggesting i try Lyrica,if i wanted to at some later stage, my GP wasn't happy.

I have always known St Thomas to be a famous teaching hospital so hopefully the gynaecologist will be really interested in your case and help you.My view may be outdated nowadays though.
Fingers crossed for you.

Rosemary x
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

thank you rosemary ....that is very kind of you to say

I just got my referral letter and will be under the care of a pain consultant another girl on this forum had... dr Kothari ...she seems to treat all the gen. nerves I am interested in ....just hope she is willing to actually listen to me

Return to “UK & IRELAND”