New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
bikelover

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by bikelover »

Kone, I had not seen your update. Those are great news! did you repeat the therapy in Canada during this time?
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

I had shockwave in October, 2012 and again in February, 2013. I have been stretching every since February. I try not to miss a day. I continue to get better each week. I can still feel some pudendal tightness, but, it is down to perhaps 10% of what it once was. I once had a sensation of paresthesia from the rectum forward. Now, that is gone too. I got dramatically better after a woman insurance agent prayed for me. Two weeks after her prayer the healing and improvement began. kone
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi
Is this a device that folks buy to do shock wave themselves ?
To break up scar tissue? Is this the company that sells it? Thx
Thx
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

January, 2014 Update:

Quick review: I got pudendal nerve dysfunction/disorder after riding on an exercise bicycle. I was very sore in my perineum for about 2 weeks. The perineum seemed to heal, but then 2 weeks later, I could suddenly no longer sit without a burning pain in the perineum. About 10 months later I aggravated the situation by trying to lift a heavy log in the woods. About 1 week later, I could not stand without pain, and I could not sit, even with a padded cushion. I was shortly thereafter diagnosed by Dr. Antolak with Pudendal disorder - bilateral.

I went through at least 10 steroid injections over the next 2 years. These did not heap whatsoever. I heard about shockwave therapy on this site, and I had two several-day sessions administered by Dr. Andrews in Cornwall, Ontario. I got significantly better after the first the first session of 10 treatments, and then after the second session (6 sessions), I lost the tingly sensation in the perineal-rectal area. This last session was in February of 2013. In September of 2013, I started felling significantly better. I was stretching each day, concentrating on hamstrings and perineal area. These stretches were taught to me by Dr. Antolak.

In September, I was prayed for by people of faith for the healing of my pudendal situation. It was about 2 weeks after this prayer that I began to get noticeably better.

Today, I feel almost 100% better. I can now exercise vigorously, doing push-ups, sit-ups, skipping rope, walking, running, swimming, with no pudendal tightness or pain. I could not do anything but a slow swim and walk before shockwave. I have no tingling, no pain, and almost no abnormal sensations in my perineum or rectal area. I realized this past weekend that this condition, which nearly destroyed my life, is going to resolve entirely.

I credit Dr. Andrews for setting the stage for healing, and the prayers of the faithful to enact the healing that then took place. I praise God for this miracle, for I was told by many doctors that this was something that was permanent and I would have to live with all my life (or risk the surgical options they suggested).

I want to thank everyone on this site for the words of encouragement given. I learned so much from reading the posts of others. I could not have gotten better without all your help. So I am thankful for all of you. Thank you!

God bless each and every one on this site. To those that have pudendal disorder, I say prayers of health and healing, for I know how miserable this condition can be. I encourage you to keep trying different therapies, gentle stretching as tolerated, and shockwave if you feel so led. If I can get better after 3 years, I believe you can too. Keep seeking, keep praying, and keep trying.

Sincerely,

Jim Koenig (kone)
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

It's so good to hear of your continued healing. Take good care of yourself now. I hope you check in once and while, and let us know how you are doing.

Just curious, what did Dr. Antolak think about Dr. Andrews and his treatment? Did you ever discuss that?

Are you even taking any medications? This is so awesome!

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Jim, thanks for posting an update. That's great that you are doing so well!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Jim,
So happy to hear you are doing so well. I hope you can now engage more in family events and strengthen those bonds. Thanks for posting your success and all the best for your future.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

The question was posted as to what Dr. Antolak thought about Dr. Andrews' treatments with shockwave... Dr. Antolak could not deny that I got remarkably better after the shockwave treatments. His comment was something like this: If I were a younger man, I'd go up there and see what he is doing and learn the techniue myself. He said that he has so many people that could benefit from another form of therapy. Dr. Antolak is in his seventies. I don't know how much longer he plans to practice at the pain clinic.

kone
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Update - one year after last shockwave treatment..

Pudendal nerve condition continues to get better. I have started running and lifting weights again. The weight lifting causes no pain in perineum, but the running brings a mild tightening of the perineum. Still, I could not do either of these activities before shockwave therapy, so I am thrilled to be active once again. Before and after each physical activity, I stretch the pundendal area as thoroughly as I can. (Before shockwave, I could not stretch the perineal area without pudendal pain and shocks and jolts of pain). I have also started to skip rope again, (this used to bring instant pudendal pain, but no longer does). Now that I am getting my life back, my spirits have risen considerably. I have other physical challenges as well to deal with, but not having to be constantly hampered by pudendal pain is such a blessing. Incidentally, my bladder, which once was very problematic with urgency, now is back to normal.

I have gone from feeling virtually hopeless, lying on the couch in depression, to now seeing light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I am most grateful to Dr. Andrews for his professional care of my pudendal condition. While shockwave therapy is not a cure-all, it may help to relieve some of the symptoms of PN, and may (as in my case) lead to significant improvements.

kone
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Jim,

Fabulous news! I just hope the shockwave therapy some how becomes an option here in the states, perhaps in combination with other types of therapy.

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”