Please help?? New person.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Jax87

Re: Please help?? New person.

Post by Jax87 »

Hey Antonia,
As Janet said, the labral tear is definitely fixable! I had my labral tear surgery about a year ago and my PN is pretty much completely under control now, thank God. I've never been diagnosed with a hamstring tear, but I have been diagnosed with some hamstring strain causing sit bone pain. My surgeon thinks that is related to my hip as well, so it makes sense you might have a similar issue.

I don't know where you live, but please try to have a consultation with the best hip surgeon you can find to see if they will fix your tear. It is not an easy process and there is no guarantee it will fix your PN, but there is definitely a connection for a lot of people with both hip and PN issues. Pelvic floor pt might help some with all the tension that has built up as a result of stabilizing your hip and might relieve some PN symptoms. Ultimately, orthopedic pt helped me more than pelvic pt, but your doctor is not crazy to suggest it. Feel free to PM me or respond to this thread with questions.

Good luck with everything, it can get better!

-Jackie
Started with vulva itching 2/11. Diagnosed as vulvodynia and then PN in 01/12. Progressed to sitting pain and constant burning. Received 4 nerve blocks with only temporary relief, did year of pelvic PT before being diagnosed with bilateral FAI and hip labral tears 7/12. Did orthopedic PT 1.5 years. 3/13 Arthroscopic hip surgery at HSS with Dr. Kelly. Take cymbalta and lyrica daily. About 97% better than worst point thanks to combo of surgery and meds. Yay!
Antonia

Re: Please help?? New person.

Post by Antonia »

Thank you! The urogynecologist told me everything was too tight, and said that it's "pelvic floor dysfunction", but he also thinks I've had it for a long time, which I've not at all. I'm not sure, he says it's all PFD, but also that the labral tear is referring the pain through the front of the pelvis (it is only on the right side). I don't know how much the pelvic floor PT will do by itself, as I now have extreme muscle imbalances from trying to keep that hip up in place, especially hard with the torn hamstring (which is likely from forcing myself to still walk 6 miles a day with a labral tear....lol).

Honestly, the worst of it is that I was sent to PTs when the MRI had missed the injuries, and all of my PTs told me my core muscles had "shut off", and that I had to squeeze them as hard as possible all the time. Well, I knew they were not working correctly, but how do you make muscles that are going into spasm instead of functioning normally work around an injury? This is the muscular result. I guess. I stopped having any trouble urinating the second he told me to stop squeezing and assured me that I wasn't about to prolapse...lol...that fear was enough to keep me clenched forever.

How did your surgery go? I might PM you, actually, that OK? Thanks!
Pain starting at ischial tuberosity 2013 (minor hamstring tendon tear); labral tear July 2013, referred pain to groin/bladder. Sept. 24th '13, tore my abdominal muscles and adductors at the pelvis; pain and spasms so bad I couldn't stand, walk, or go to the bathroom; misdiagnosed until Jan. 27th 14; double procedure 4/3/14, hip arthroscopy & muscle repair. One adductor still driving me nuts. Slowly working my way back to health & working to educate more about pelvic injuries/pathologies.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”