cushions

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
jaxi123

cushions

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone tried the Kabooti cushion or insprico cushion for tailbone pain?
Lernica

Re: cushions

Post by Lernica »

For my tailbone pain I used a donut cushion, cutting out a 5-inch section from the back where my tailbone was. It was very helpful for my tailbone pain.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Of the 3 cushions that I have, the kabooti is the worst. I'm 180 lb, and it is just to soft. I cannot sit as long on the kaboti as with the other 2, one from ICN and the other from cushion your assets. Because its soft for me, its weird, but its like it does not support weight evenly and puts some extra preassure over my piriformis muscles on both sides wich make me sore on my buttocks shortly after sitting on it.. I've also tried the wondergel cushion, but It didn't work for me at all.

I would say the most comfortable for me has been the ICN, the most firm version of it, and the cushion your assets twin cheeks afterwards. The twin cheeks has been my life saver though, its the extra firm low profile version. It folds down neatly and can be carried easily in a backpack. The twin cheeks cushion has allowed me to hang out (eat, movie theater) with my wife and family. It has also allowed me to keep flying when my job requires it. None of them help me avoid the pain while seating, although these 2 at least make the pain more tolerable.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Does anyone have a phone number for cushion your assetts? In ordered the cushion and it does not work for me and I want to return it. I find no phone number for them and they do not respond to emails.
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Hi-
I have looked all over for their phone number, none to be found.

It took about a week for them to get back to me with a question after emailing them from their website.
Poor communication, sorry I don't have a phone for you.

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
nebbias01

Re: cushions and "cushion your assets"

Post by nebbias01 »

Try cushionyourassets.com
That is their web address. The owner has actually posted on this topic and is a pudendal patient herself. I just checked and the website is up and running. I have 2 cushions and would not be able to sit at all without using one. I have the "twin cheeks" cushions. They are made to order and a bit expensive but for me they are worth every penny. The twin cheeks has two cushions fastened to fabric covered heavy duty cardboard with heavy duty velcro that allows you to move them as far apart as necessary so the body part that hurts (my anus) is not touching anything. I particularly like the black with small embroidered flowers. I put it in a pillowcase so it is less likely to be taken and I can wash the case as often as needed. I have a "medium" and a "firm". I am a female about 30 pounds overweight. I have been using these for about 18 months and plan to stock up if they decide to go out of business. I hope this helps.
nebbias01
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi nebbias
I have this cushion too I think
It sounds like what u describe . My pain is Anal rectal
also, so that area can't touch at all. I'm only about a
100 lb. small butt - my anus sinks down and touches the
surface and i get on contact pain. Prior to anal pain I had
sit bone pain -
surgery caused
Pain to become anal rectal and hurt with standing
also
how do you and anyone who uses this cushion
Keep the anal area from making contact?
I feel like the area needs to be pushed up somehow
Thx in advance.
Kathy
Diana10

Post by Diana10 »

I wrote on here before but can,t find it. anyway I needed something like this for my bed as well as making a pillow
I could sit and lean over Rt side, so I could drive(this being only 5 miles at most) I have not sat for 14 years. that's another story. I have an inexpensive aIr mattress on regular box spring, then I have a Tempertic 3or 4 inch top over that.Sometimes I Need to put an older piece of Tempertic under the middle third of Tempertic as the foam goes
Low with
Long hours of use. Using a good sheet with deep sides is key in keeping the mattress from spreading out.

so for the pillow, I took a piece of Tempertic cut to size and then put a round beach raft the kids play with and filled
Only half way,then put another piece on Tempertic foam on top. it is a trial to get the air amount for you. But this works
And sure you may see some modifications that would work better for you.

I had a lot of Memory Foam, should have uses this word instead of Tempertic, but I do have both kinds as accumulated
A lot over the years, more for me than others as have averaged 150 lbs and have spent lots of different times in
Bed.

I hope this may help you. God Bless all you who suffer with this literate pain in the arse,I love English words and am
Watching lots of shows on Net Flicks.

Later,Diana
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Diana,
I just saw ur post..thx for writing all this out!
It sure does take a lot of trying and modification to get something that even allows one to drive for brief distances.
Your issue sounds like mine.. keeping the anus and sit bones from touching the seat... a real challenge, as something has to support our weight.

A couple questions... for the round kids raft,, did you mean like a small round tube that kids use in the pool, with the round opening in the middle... ( If so,thats' where our anal areas would go right? You could also put ice packs in the center of a circle.

And also where do you get the memory foam? I have a comfy temperpedic type bed that works well to lie on, but I can't sit directly on it yet.
Is the memory foam the type that comes in a "rolled up "style and can be cut to size for whatever your needs are?
They sell them at Bed, Bath and Beyond or Target, etc.
Or is it some special foam you get from the temperpedic company?

Its so hard to figure out ways to keep the anus or sit bones from touching... I find I can press my back and tailbone against the back of a car seat but eventually I sink in and touch.
Have you been able to keep ur "arse" completely up in the air and off the surface? If so,wow... thats great?
That my goal! .Forgive me if Im missing something here.
My hubby has tried building me various adaptations and I end up sinking in and touching the surface with each one, so he's gotten sick of trying. (I only weigh 100lbs but gravity pulls me down!
He made a wooden circular toilet seat cut from a mold he drew traced from a vinyl toilet seat. The wooden part is supposed to raise the vinyl toilet seat up so my butt won't touch.. but I sank in!
Also the vinyl padded seat wasn't comfy.. Its all trial and error
I purchased "sit pain" pants from a company that designed them for folks who've lost their natural hip and butt padding due to weight loss or muscle wasting from illness.
They helped a lot when I had mild sit pain.When the anal pain kicked they didn't help as much, but I still use them all the time, (better than nothing) and I even place them under my butt when I have to lie on a harder surface, (like a doctors table) .. I can wear them under longer skirts also.
If you are interested in ordering let me know..I forget the name of the company-- as the tag has faded from washing them but I can find out.
So many ideas, one of them has to work comfortably right?
Thx again,
Kathy
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi
I noticed this Is An older-post but just wanted to ask the writer a couple questions if she /He happens to see it
The water raft you mention –
is that a tube -the round small thing the kids use in the water?

Also Where do you buy Tempur-pedic foam cushioning?
Is this just regular Foam that you can buy at The store or do you need to order it from the Tempur-pedic company ?
I have the regular foam but it seems a bit thin. Thankfully
I now drive occasionally with some cushion adaptations Hubby and I created -which I described in earlier posts,but
still need something a little more comfy For Driving.

thanks Again!

PS sorry for any typos ----
writing from my iPhone and it constantly self corrects things!

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”