Chiropractors helping reduce pain.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ladybird

Chiropractors helping reduce pain.

Post by ladybird »

Hi there - does anyone in this community have back problems? I am trying to create a pain management plan that does NOT involve a life of drugs. My chiropractor is a major part of stabilising my back and reducing the nerve pain I have. I am hoping to find some more people who have back pain and nerve pain - find out about managing this issue.Thanks. x
Last edited by ladybird on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My pelvic pain presents as a constant dull ache, fluttering/buzzing throughout my pelvic region. My pelvic diaphram is stressed due to my musculoskeletal system adapting to my uneven hips, which reduces blood flow to the nerves/muscles which is why I believe I have chronic pelvic pain.
Patty

Re: Scoliosis and PN

Post by Patty »

Can you tell me his the chiropractor does this? Does he use usual chiropractor manipulation or something a little more easy? I have been to chiro before for other pain issues but not for this.
Thanks
Patty
greeneyes

Re: Scoliosis and PN

Post by greeneyes »

I have scoliosis and have been diagnosed with vulvadynia. I've also had chronic back pain for 19 years. I don't know whether the scoliosis has anything to do with either problem. Until recently, I thought the curvature was only in my upper back. However, the last pain guy I saw said I have curvature in the lumbar area as well. No one has suggested that the scoliosis has contributed to my pain but I have wondered about that. I didn't know I had a curved spine until I had a bone scan when I was 39. One shoulder is higher than the other but otherwise, there is no visible sign that my spine is not straight.
ladybird

Re: Chiropractors helping reduce pain.

Post by ladybird »

Hi Patty and Greeneyes,

I have asked my chiropractor about the specific muscles, bones and joints etc he focuses on and will let you know when I find out.

I can tell you that he focuses on my lower back, thighs and along my spine up to my neck using a massage machine to "prep" the smaller muscles and blood vessels.

Then he will use a TENS machine for 10 minutes which generates electricity through pads on my back. I am about to buy one that I can wear daily when my back and pelvic pain is bad - which is most days at the moment.

He uses an activator which is a metal "clicker" machine that he uses instead of cracking my bones - which I really don't like - so the activator is a good alternative.

He does some deep tissue massage using Arnica around my sacrum to free up the nerve.

There are some other physical manipulations but that is the main part of the process.

Does this help? x
My pelvic pain presents as a constant dull ache, fluttering/buzzing throughout my pelvic region. My pelvic diaphram is stressed due to my musculoskeletal system adapting to my uneven hips, which reduces blood flow to the nerves/muscles which is why I believe I have chronic pelvic pain.
greeneyes

Re: Chiropractors helping reduce pain.

Post by greeneyes »

I think you have to try out a variety of treatments for back and see what works. I went to a chiropractor soon after my back problems started. The massage he did helped but the adjustments did not. Another chiropractor I tried a few years later didn't help at all. I don't remember exactly what he did. I did find a good massage therapist that performed myofascial release. This is the only type of massage that helped. I went to my massage therapist regularly for about 10 years. I tried TENS but it didn't do anything. I also had an assortment of steroid injections, none of which had a lasting effect. Everyone is different so a treatment that helps one person might not help someone else. If the TENS works, then I'd stick with it.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”