I'm back, sorry it took so long.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
blightcp

I'm back, sorry it took so long.

Post by blightcp »

I know i dropped off the forum a while ago, I was trying to return to work and healing from the second surgery. I just did not want to think about PNE more than i had to. :oops:

But now i am traveling down the permanent disability road and find my self fighting the battles that so many of you have faced, and thought it was time to reconnect.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Violet M

Re: I'm back, sorry it took so long.

Post by Violet M »

Sorry you have had to return. After moderating the forum for 10 years I can't really remember very many people who have been permanently cured. I think often the goal is to achieve low levels of pain, to be functional, and to be able to enjoy life again. I do hope you can get back the ability to do all of those again.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
cubsfann@comcast.net

Post by cubsfann@comcast.net »

Hi Violet,
Hope you are better. I have a long history of PN and many, many treatments and several surgeries- to no avail. I just posted (my first post) under pudendal stimulator and was wondering if you know of any successes after the implant. I am having it done by Dr. P , MI. in June. My surgeries or treatments have not worked- I work as a nurse in the Chicago area and will retire or try for disability as well- however I can't afford it, currently.
Your past articles have enlightened me.
Cyndi in Chicago
Pud. Neuralgia 2009 after vaginal hyster., rectocele rpr, tvt insert. Bladder instillations, pessary insert, mult. med trials, Total TVT removal-Miklos MD, pud. decompression surgery-Hibner MD, radiofrequency trmt x2-Joshi, aggressive internal PT x 9 mos- Kotarinos, PT, mult. trigger pt. injections, pudendal blocks; via CT and intravaginal, sacral stim trial, ketamine infusion April 2014 . pud. neuromodulation trial, 6/14 by Dr. Peters.
7/ 2014, permanent neurostimulator implant; Dr. Peters
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Cyndi, you will probably be interested to read Gwen's story in the neurostimulation section of the forum. Actually, I see you already saw her post but I'll post it again in case anyone else is reading this thread. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =74&t=5739

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”