AT WHAT DOSE OF PREGABALIN/LYRICA DID YOU GET PAIN RELIEF

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
chillijava

AT WHAT DOSE OF PREGABALIN/LYRICA DID YOU GET PAIN RELIEF

Post by chillijava »

HI
JUST WANTED SOME INPUT ON PREGABALIN/LYRICA, I AM NOW UP TO 75MG TWICE A DAY, BUT AM STILL NOT SEEING ANY REAL RELIEF, EVERYTIME I UP MY DOSE I THINK FOR THE FIRST 3 OR 4 DAYS THE PAIN IS SLIGHTLY BETTER BUT THEN COMES BACK AGAIN, IS THIS NORMAL AND AT WHAT DOSE AM I LIKELY TO SEE LONGER LASTING IMPROVEMENT

ANDREA
Geraldine

Re: AT WHAT DOSE OF PREGABALIN/LYRICA DID YOU GET PAIN RELIE

Post by Geraldine »

I think it varies from person to person. My experience has been that it wasn't until I got to 200mg per day that I began to notice a slight change in pain. I am now taking 300mg a day ( 150mg twice a day) which has made a noticeable difference. Dr Greenslade wanted me to get to 600mg a day as he thought that would make a real difference. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to do that because of the side efects. A friend of mine also took Pregabalin and she said she didn't get any noticeable relief until she got to 600mg a day. The dose you are on is still quite low, so try to keep slowly increasing the dosage. I had to increase very slowly, especially once I got to 200mg a day, then I was leaving three weeks in between increases.
Julia
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

hi
thanks for that, unfortunately, i have had to drop it back slightly by 25mg to 125mg daily as the increased does to 150mg after taking it for 6 days had started to make me really dizzy with very extreme anxiety symptoms, these symptoms are very similar to the horrible side effects that i get when on ssri and snri and amitryptaline type meds, so i have decided to go down again for a bit and see if that helps the side effects.
it seems that anything that affects levels of anything in my brain doesnt work for me

andrea
rick

Post by rick »

I amn taking 600 mg of lyrica now. At the height of my pain I was at 1500 mg a day.

I also take 180 of cymbalta, 300 mg of bupropion, 10 mg of oxybutynin-xl, 250 mg of ciprofloxacin and .4 mg of flomax.

The oxybutynin-xl is an antispasmadic to deal with bladder spasms.

The bupropion is my latest addition, seems to decrease the length of time my residual pain symptoms last. I also have begun a 12 week trial of cipro to see if their may be some issues with my prostate other than bph my symptoms are partially controlled.

I also take flomax to help with urination problems.

The cymbalta helps with pain and depression symptoms.

I also take 54 mg of concerta daily, down from 108 which helps with alertness. I have severe sleep issues only partially helped by CPAP, presently not even partially.

I also have alpha-delta wave intrusion during the sleep I do have which inhibits my ability to go into slow wave stage 3 and 4 levels of sleep.

I am 67 years of age and stay somewhat busy remodeling the house I live in, cleaning, cooking etc., but do not push myself to the point of becoming tired which inhibits my ability to handle the remaining pain that I do have.

I continually attempt to decrease my meds and hope to get rid of 2 or 3 of the one's that I take presently.

Rick

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”