Have your syptomes changed over the years?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Vogel1

Have your syptomes changed over the years?

Post by Vogel1 »

Hi there,

I am new in this forum but have been reading threads for quite a while. After one year of consulting various doctors whitout any tratment nor diagnosis I did some internet reseach and voilá: PN symptomes as described on this site fitted to what I had experienced the whole time.

After 18 months of pain exclusively while sitting (although varying from day to day) the pain nowerdays may also start during the morning even BEFORE I sit down. So my question is whether any of you has over the long time different pain or situations when the pain arises?

My personal details: female, 50 years, living in Germany

Cheers,
Andrea
stephanies

Re: Have your syptomes changed over the years?

Post by stephanies »

Hello Andrea,

It is not unusual for symptoms to move or change, all the while staying within the distribution of the PN. There have been times that I have only had vulvodynia pain and then both vulvodynia and rectal pain. Sometimes maybe pain more on one side than the other. Do you believe your pain is worsening? Do you have a doctor who may be willing to learn about PN pain that you can consult with? There are many articles on this site that you can print and take to your dr. to help you explain your pain and situation.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Vogel1

Post by Vogel1 »

Hi Stephanies,

yes, the changing of the location of pain is the same with me. And worsening as far as the painfree periods seem to become less. During the first year there was even a period of 7 weeks where I was hopeful that my pain had come to an end. But...meanwhile I am happy about 4 days without pain.

Still looking for a doctor in Germany who is experienced with PN patients. I always mention this homepage because I find the information on PN very plausible and helpful.

Cheers, Andrea
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

I agree with everyone, the pain can shift. Some days are better than other and other days are worse. If I do too much on a day the pain will flare up for several days and then calm back down.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”