Please advise someone!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
chrissy

Please advise someone!

Post by chrissy »

What is Pulsed radio frequency neuromodulation? Is there another name for it as I don't see it on the site? Has anyone had it and what we're the results?
stephanies

Re: Please advise someone!

Post by stephanies »

Try searching under PRF, the abbreviation. That may bring up more information. I believe there are only a couple of doctors who do it right now, one in Denver, CO.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

Chrissy, I am looking into the same thing.

In talking with Dr. Conway last week he mentioned it as a possibility.

He did not have any local contact for it though.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Mine would be under Dr baranowski in London. I am very unsure about it though. It would be if this nerve block tomorrow didn't work but I am unsure whether I would prefer to just go straight to surgery.
I wasn't sure PRF was the abbreviation cos it doesn't seem to fit!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Chrissy, you can read the January 2014 newsletter that can be accessed from the homepage at pudendalhope.org. My article discusses pulsed radio frequency ablation. From the few reports we have had on the forum, some people get dramatic improvement, others don't.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Violet
Thanks for this I only just saw your response. I keep forgetting where I have posted things!
Will have a read of the article.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Seems the best we can hope for without surgery is six months without pain :cry:
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It depends on what you try. Some people have pain relief for many years with a neurostimulator or pain pump. Other therapies are temporarily helpful and have to be repeated on a regular basis.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”