mri results

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
chrissy

mri results

Post by chrissy »

Dear all
I recently had a GAD scan at the institute of sport exercise and health in London. The mri machine is meant to be the best in the country and one of a kind. My results were read by the most experienced person there.
It showed inflamation around the hips and sacroiliac joint. Apparently this means that my pelvis is unstable. I do have a LOT of pain in the sacrum
Therefore my consultant thinks that the nerve is irritated by this inflamation and muscle spasms rather than actually entrapped.
He believes that PT and lifestyle adaptions can resolve the issue
Can anyone offer any advice/experience to this?
molly

Re: mri results

Post by molly »

Hi Chrissy,

Have you had any physio from a pn aware therapist, if not that would be a good option.

Regards Molly
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi Molly, do you know any PN physio therapists that could help recovery from surgery? I live in the south Wales area. Hope you are ok?
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

I had trigger point release therapy (ie torturous prodding inside the vagina) for several months before I gave up. But I haven't had physio externally from a pn aware PT yet. I need to get a referral but I want to make sure it is someone who really knows what they are doing and preferably close ish to Liverpool
molly

Post by molly »

I,m afraid pn aware physio,s are few and far between,meaning more travelling for people who cannot sit down. I was seeing Ruth Jones for a long tine , probably 100 mile round trip, she made some difference but basically still had the problem.

Sadly there isn't,t an easy answer for this terrible condition

I think there is a list of physio, somewhere, you could try looking up on the UK pelvic pain health unlocked web site, to see if they could help.

Regards Molly
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

I am going to ask Dr B to refer me. Keeping positive frame of mind or trying to at least!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Chrissy, if your pelvis is unstable, maybe some manual therapy adjusting the pelvis is the way to go rather than just myofascial release of the pelvic floor. I've been battling an unstable pelvis for 10 years now and I can tell you what has worked best for me -- although I know we aren't all the same. If you have strained ligaments I think initially rest is important especially if you are into exercising. If you have access to prolotherapy, that can strengthen the ligaments. I had several prolotherapy injections into the SI joint area where the sacroiliac ligaments attach to the sacrum. They did help the ligament/sacral pain a bit and improved my pelvic stability but I still have to be careful. The right type of strengthening exercises can also be helpful but it has to be gentle so that it doesn't strain the ligaments any worse and cause more instability.

Ligaments can become hardened and sclerosed with aging and in addition, ligaments are notoriously bad at healing because they don't have a great blood supply. When Dr. Bautrant cut my SS ligament it was hardened and sclerosed so I honestly don't expect that my pelvis is ever going to be completely stable or perfectly aligned.

Do you know if they checked for labral hip tears on your MRI?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Hi Violet
No I don't know if they checked for that. I have the cd scan so I could always ask someone to check. I always feel like it might be inappropriate to ask experts these questions.
I am booked in with a Physio who works externally as well as internally, I go on next Tuesday for my first appointment.
Chrissy

Return to “MRI/MRN”