MRI uk

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
Rosemary

MRI uk

Post by Rosemary »

Just to ask if anyone knows whereabouts it is possible to get an MRI scan done of the vulva area in the UK please ?
Chrissy mentioned having one done in London. does a consultant have to refer you or can it be your GP ?
Thank you for any replies.

Rosemary
chrissy

Re: MRI uk

Post by chrissy »

I was referred by Dr baranowski in London but your GP can refer you. It is called The Institute of Sports Exercise and Health on Tottenham Court Road in London. Very modern. They inject ink then put a special thing over the pelvic area and scan you for around an hour. Results show everything in great detail. You get a chance to keep and one for your Dr. It is the only scan machine of its type in the UK apparently.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

A cd to keep not a chance!
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Many Thanks Chrissy - i will look into this.
if you don't mind me asking did you pay privately for this ?
I have already seen Dr Greenslade in 2011 - don't really want to go to Dr B.
i have got to a point where some sort of 'picture' of what is going on in my vulva area would help me know where i stand with all this.
Hope that today is a better one for you.
Rosemary
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

I went privately but it was covered by my health insurance. Think the cost was in the region of £1000.
The report that comes with the cd is very thorough and I would definitely recommend them
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

And thanks I'm a lot better today ;)
Have you had surgery with Dr greenslade and his team? I'm not familiar with your story. I do think it would be worth getting this scan if you haven't had surgery and are considering it. It appeared to show that I wasn't entrapped but there was swelling around the nerve showing it was irritated.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

I haven't had surgery - i just have nerve pain in one side of the vulva.
i enquired - i would have to be referred to the NHNN at UCH - as it is nerve related - and could then be scanned through the NHS at the institute.
I have already spent quite a lot of money trying to solve things - seeing Dr G, gynaecologists etc privately - my chosen insurance cover didn't cover consultant fees - it has been the only way to get some answers.
Will give this some thought now - thanks for your replies.
Rosemary x

Return to “MRI/MRN”