Strange swelling

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
chrissy

Strange swelling

Post by chrissy »

I've already posted about this somewhere else but hoping someone will answer here...
I have a large swelling at the base of my spine in the sacrum area. It can clearly be seen and felt. It is not very soft like it is all water it is almost like the bone has moved! But there is definatelysome liquid too.
I had a an MRI and bone marrow oedema was shown in the sacrum and si joint but surely this wouldn't cause such a large visible lump.
It is very very sore all the time unlike the coccyx nerve pain which is on sitting only.
Help.... Please
GraceOfGod

Re: Strange swelling

Post by GraceOfGod »

Chrissy--

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering. :(

Try googling

Back mouse

That's what it sounds like to me.

Hope you find relief.

Chris
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

I don't think its a back mouse because it is a hat dish lump that can't be moved with some swelling on top just feels like the whole sacrum is out of position but obviously isn't as I have had an MRI. I am so confused. Thanks for answering
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Chrissy,
I have that same sacral swelling. For me, it turned out to be Tarlov Cyst Disease. Did you have that ruled out during your last imaging?
Sometimes a radiologist will report it, but more often than not they won't, unless you specifically ask. What is your physician's comment about the bone marrow edema?
I hope this helps ...
Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Oh thanks I wonder... So do you have pn as well as the cysts?
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Yes, my cysts are located at S3, and are impinging on the surrounding sacral nerves. I no longer have PNE, but still have PN.
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”