Dr. Nel Gerig, next month

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
hank3.14

Dr. Nel Gerig, next month

Post by hank3.14 »

Last time I was here I told that I'd see last month the PN expert I saw about 1.5 years ago, the one who had the deadly fungus-contaminated, injectable methylprednisolone while I was there in the clinic. [The clinic called one day to leave a message on my phone machine: each of my buttocks was injected with safe drug which was on hand.] But last month there was aggravation of the distinct pelvic pain problems I have, so I never went. Anyway I knew the doc was now 76 and retiring so I figured there'd be no treatment if I had gone. Because of the retirement, the clinic sent me a sheet of paper telling me to see PN Dr. Nel Gerig in Denver. I'll do that, taking Amtrak to get there and then city buses to reach the clinic.

How is Dr. Gerig? Is she compassionate, empathetic? Since various things haven't worked out for me in treatment and existing, as I do, with PN and musculoskeletal pain problems in the pelvis, is her clinic insistent that I'd have to meet with all of her team or is it possible to meet only with the doctor?

I have no idea how long I'd be in Denver so I might buy only a one-way Amtrak ticket.
Violet M

Re: Dr. Nel Gerig, next month

Post by Violet M »

Hank, sorry, I don't know very much about Dr. Gerig but you can do a search on the name "Gerig" in the upper right corner to see what other people have said about her. Hope your treatments with her will be successful. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
hank3.14

Post by hank3.14 »

Violet M wrote:Hank, sorry, I don't know very much about Dr. Gerig but you can do a search on the name "Gerig" in the upper right corner to see what other people have said about her. Hope your treatments with her will be successful. ;)

Best,

Violet
Thanks Violet. I'll do the search.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

I've seen Gerig. You can PM me if you'd like.
Cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”