MRN with Dr.Filler

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
desperate

MRN with Dr.Filler

Post by desperate »

Ok,

So I have been contemplating to getting another test done to try and understand a little bit more about what is going on inside my body. I understand that Dr.Filler reads the images based on what images are taken by the technicians at the Neuography institute (http://www.neurography.com/). However, I am also aware that they determine what images to take (protocol) based on what is written in the referral to the doctor (the script), just as done with Dr.Potter's MRI (this is my assumption).

I wonder if the script below would be valid :
MR Neurography study of the pelvis to be tested and reviewed for pudendal nerve injury/entrapment (bilateral pudendal nerve)and to include the upper pelvis near the piriformis muscle, in the mid pelvis near the ischial spine, and the low pelvis along the Alcocks canal travelling near the obturator internus muscle. Also include extensive imaging from the ischial spine to the sacro spinal ligaments following beneath the sacrotuberous ligaments. Check the dorsal nerve to the penis as well.

I understand that the images are taken based on the protocol that is determined by the script. Would this script suffice? What are your thoughts ? :?:
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.
carolynm

Re: MRN with Dr.Filler

Post by carolynm »

I've heard that you must pay up front for fillers MRN, then deal w your insurance company on your own. Is that your impression?
I only know 1 person in our Facebook site who had the MRN, and it was very different from her potter MRI.

I just had an MRN as well, and I made the mistake if giving him potters cd and report beforehand. He basically plagerized the whole thing, and didn't even use proper anatomy terminology.

Whoever you go with for your imaging, be sure they know what in the hell they are doing.
I've heard thoughts that filler is a scam, but i actually am curious to read done patient reports.

Cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
stephanies

Re: MRN with Dr.Filler

Post by stephanies »

I had the MRN in 2006. At that time, I think I paid $2500 to the center the day of the MRI and the remainder to Filler's office directly within a couple weeks. The results went to the doctor ordering the MRN and you get the results from that doctor. If you want additional information not provided in the report or you have questions your only option is to schedule a consultation with Filler in CA. I believe out of pocket cost was about $6000 for bilateral, but that was years ago.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “MRI/MRN”