update diary after pn surgery

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
chillijava

Re: update diary after pn surgery

Post by chillijava »

no i didnt try physio as it was never mentioned to me by anyone, but just the thought of doing that makes me feel very negative, it would make things worse in my case

andrea
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

The physio is invasive as your pelvic muscles are internally worked on, only had one session so early days. I'm also trying AMATSU alternative therapy to work on trigger points.
Have you had any contact with the Bristol team at all, how are you coping are you back in work?
Take care
Alan1646

Post by Alan1646 »

I keep looking on this section in the hope that there will be a positive success story by someone who has had surgery in the UK. Surely, there must be someone. I remember one poster saying that there had been several successes at Bristol- is that correct? All we hear is of disappointments. Is there anyone at all who has had significant improvement after surgery?
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

the last time i spoke to anyone at bristol was last october, no one has rung me at all and no follow up, i feel like they were just after the money as i went private.
i must admit my new pain consultant and also the neuro surgeon who will be fitting my stimulator have made me feel like a person not a meal ticket and this is now on the nhs, so there you go.
i have been told that my trial will be around july time so i will keep you all posted

andrea
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Sadly that has been my experience, I have now given up as it was causing me more stress=flare ups to keep being ignored. I'm so glad you have found someone that treats you with compassion it really does make all the difference. Good luck with the stimulator, keep me updated x
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Sadly that has been my experience, I have now given up as it was causing me more stress=flare ups to keep being ignored. I'm so glad you have found someone that treats you with compassion it really does make all the difference. Good luck with the stimulator, keep me updated x
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Andrea,

I'm sad to hear your surgery was not successful. :( Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone but I wish you all the best with the neurostimulator and would be interested to hear how it works for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

well i have just been given the date of the 1st july for my addmission into hospital for my stim trial, and i will be as far as i know in hospital for about 5 days to see how it goes and if it works for me

andrea
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Andrea,

Hoping very much that this works for you. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

well stim trial went good, but because of all the stress i now have a real bad fibromyalgia flare, this always happens when i am stressed. i have just had my next appointment to see my neurosurgeon to find out if he is going to go ahead with the full implant, so i will keep you posted

andrea

Return to “UK & IRELAND”