Need a PN aware Physio

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
chrissy

Re: Need a PN aware Physio

Post by chrissy »

I can't believe the way you have been treated Poppy by the team at Bristol I'm so glad I didn't rush in to surgery with them. I really wanted to go there but no one ever returned my calls. I am sure that with the correct treatment you will slowly but surely recover. Who are you seeing on the nhs? I couldn't find anyone. I will stick with Ruth now anyway but I would still be interested to know! I was seeing Ruth weekly but this time we are leaving a month between treatments as I am doing so well and know how to help myself when I have flare ups (with the easi wand thingy) xx
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

That's great news you are doing s o well you are having monthly sessions, is the magic wand the same as the thermawand? It helps you administer internal physio?
I have my first session on the NHS next week so fingers crossed it proves effective. I have heard from other people sadly that they have received no aftercare from the same consultant/ surgeon, it makes me feel sad and yes cynical. However this forum gives me hope and being in touch with so many brave and inspirational people motivates me and keeps me positive.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

I assume it's the same thing yes I do internal Physio with it and if I have a flare up I do the wand and the next day is much better. Also I do about an hour of stretches a day and try to walk quickly for around 30mins. This is my routine now and it's tiring but at least I am heading in the right direction. Good luck with the nhs Physio and update us on here x
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Will do, I have a couple of sessions next week, internal and external trigger point release so will enquire about the wand. Have also as recommended, bought a TENS machine so be interesting for physio to inform me where the pads go for optimum effect and whether or not it will work. Also going to ask about stretches as have not yet been shown any so hopefully another thing to incorporate and consider. Feel so much better considering this conservative route as to date surgery has not helped but appreciate it may still be early days. Psychologically the fact that I'm now being treated by people that seem to care about me as a patient has made all the difference.
Keep me posted on your progress and long may it continue for you
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hello my UK friends,

I've been following this thread with interest and am glad to hear some of you are doing better. I noticed we don't have Mair Whittal or Ruth Jones on our list of PT's. I was wondering if you could encourage them to email us at admin@pudendalhope.org to give us their permission to add them to our list. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/60#UK_and_Ireland
They would also need to provide the contact info they want listed.

Thanks -- if you feel comfortable asking them to do this. Hope you all continue to improve. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Chrissy, I'm seeing Karen Edwards at the Edinburgh Clinic in Edinburgh - she's very good but often booked up.

Good luck,
Anna
1991 pudendal pain on left after yeast infection. Worse with coffee, spices, alcohol (bladder-related?)
Guided/unguided nerve blocks
Low oxalate diet, calcium, more water
Pelvic vein embolization
Neurontin, Amitriptyline
Removal of red spots on vulva
Trigger point therapy, injection
Amy Stein exercises
New 2010, burning/electric, numbness/tingling in legs, worse evenings, relieved by walking around. Prob restless legs syndrome.
Fem cutaneous nerve block
Lyrica
Tarlov cyst nerve block
PGAD 2017

Return to “UK & IRELAND”