MY EXPERIENCE OF SHOCK WAVE THERAPY IN CORNWALL

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Mahzi

MY EXPERIENCE OF SHOCK WAVE THERAPY IN CORNWALL

Post by Mahzi »

Hi my name is Mahzi and I live in India recently I went to Cornwall for shockwave therapy to help me get rid of scar tissues which had formed after my second PNE operation.
I unfortunately got no relief after four very painful treatment by Glen in Cornwall Canada.
If anybody is planning to do this treatment pls think twice before going ahead.
I am taking Lyrica 300mg daily plus 2 tramadols can anybody tell me if taking tramadol daily what could be the side effects as I know taking pain killers for long can cause kidney failure. So really scared
Mahzi
Violet M

Re: MY EXPERIENCE OF SHOCK WAVE THERAPY IN CORNWALL

Post by Violet M »

Mahzi, I'm sorry this didn't work for you. Just curious why you went to Glen instead of Dr. Andrew. (I think I heard they were no longer working together.)

My understanding is that the important thing to remember about opioids is to take them as prescribed. I read an article written by a pharmacist a few years back discussing the relative safety of narcotic medications. They aren't totally without some risk but you could also argue that chronic pain can have it's own set of side effects. Many of the risks are minor. For a very informative discussion on the side effects/risks of long term opioid use you can read this article: http://www.painphysicianjournal.com/200 ... 5-S120.pdf

I used narcotics off and on for a couple of years during the worst of PN. I never took the time released forms but always used the short acting (4-6 hour) forms of the drugs and only took them in the late afternoon/evenings so I could be human to my family and get a bit of sleep. That way I did not become tolerant or addicted but I was able to achieve some pain relief part of the day so that I could get partially away from the pain for part of the day. This is just my own personal viewpoint on narcotics. I don't feel like I have any long term damage from having taken them. It might be something you want to consider while you are thinking about what your next options are.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Mahzi

Post by Mahzi »

Hi Violet
I went to Glen as I heard that when they were working together Glen was giving the shock wave therapy. Secondly the cost of Dr. Andrews was extremely high heard he charged 3500 canadian dollars per session. With Glen I paid 350 canadian dollars per session.
velmartd

Post by velmartd »

Mahzi, Where did you have your two PN Surgeries ? Where you entrapped ? I was hoping that Shockwave Therapy, would help with Scar Tissue. Some men have had success, with shockwave treatment. Thanks for posting, your shockwave experience in Cornwall. Velma
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mahzi, that's quite a difference in price between Glenn and Dr. Andrew. Faith posted a thread awhile back about Glenn and Dr. A splitting up their practice. Did Glenn think you should come back for more treatment or did he feel he wouldn't be able to help you in the long run? I know other people have said you have to continue with ESWT before seeing any benefit but that it's very painful. I think it would be hard to continue something if it makes you worse initially.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”