pudendal & falling

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
ladybird

Re: pudendal & falling

Post by ladybird »

Hi Dale,

I'm so glad you have found this forum.....it is frustrating having a condition that you cannot get validated by the medical community. Thank goodness while you are joining all the dots with what cluster of conditions you may have - you can tap into the specific knowledge of this fellow group of PN sufferers/survivors.

Have you tried physiotherapy yet? It might be worthwhile before getting a colostomy bag - I am no expert - but if you are having pelvic floor spasms and clenching that are forcing pee/poo out - then by stretching and lengthening your pelvic floor muscles your can bring more blood/oxygen to these muscles and then they are less likely to tense up and cause pain etc.

I am having great results with Amy Stein's "Heal Pelvic Pain" exercises and internal trigger point releases. It is a home treatment plan so once you buy the book it's something you can apply when ever you wish too. I have to do them daily - and I am still experimenting with what works and how long I can hold the exercises etc......but there has been such a great shift already so that is what is breaking the pain-depression-helplessness cycle for me.

Have you been able to get in touch with Soula yet? She is a fountain of positivity - you are right - this is her website address www.pudendalnerve.com.au. She is battling with WorkCover - which you said you were too - and you are both in Australia. Speak soon. x
My pelvic pain presents as a constant dull ache, fluttering/buzzing throughout my pelvic region. My pelvic diaphram is stressed due to my musculoskeletal system adapting to my uneven hips, which reduces blood flow to the nerves/muscles which is why I believe I have chronic pelvic pain.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”