My Laproscopic PN decompression Surgery in Turkey

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Violet M

Re: My Laproscopic PN decompression Surgery in Turkey

Post by Violet M »

Ali, I know you are having terrible regrets now but please don't blame yourself. There was no way you could have known it was going to turn out this badly. I admire your courage to come back and post honestly the facts about your experience which must be very difficult since it was not successful.

At this point I think that whatever you can do to increase circulation to that leg would be a good thing -- PT, alternating hot and cold water treatments to bring fresh blood to the area, maybe some acupuncture??? I did some hyperbaric oxygen treatments after surgery. I don't know if they had anything to do with my recovery but insurance paid for half of it and there is literature that shows it helps in nerve regeneration. Just brainstorming here and hoping and praying that things will improve for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Flyer28,

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.I really appreciate your post.

Hi Violet,

The regret is definitely there because I should have waited for more results from US and other international patients .The sad fact is that this has taken me two steps backward instead of taking me one step forward.I am dealing with two or three peripherial neuropathies instead of one i.e. Pudendal Neuralgia,Peroneal nerve Neuropathy and tibial Nerve Neuropathy.

Two Peripherial nerve damage in the foot and leg accompanied by PN is very difficult to deal with.Although,PT has helped a bit, but the progress is slow.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
RJR

Post by RJR »

Dear Ali,

So sorry this happened - you did not deserve this. Others above have expressed my thoughts and sentiments very well.

My hope for you is that these neuopathies are temporary. My right PN side was numb until 9 months post-op TG - thenk to normal.

Best regards,
Bob
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

I just wanted to update everybody because I haven’t been on Pudendal hope for some time.Last September,I had tibial and Sural Nerve decompression sugery in my right calf and thigh with Dr. Eric Williams at the Dellon Institute.The surgery helped me a lot and I can walk with much more ease now.No more muscle spasms and electric shocks in the calf and foot.However,I still have issues with my right sciatic leg because the motor function of the tibial nerve never got better.As per Dr. Potter’s MRI, I have entrapment or damage in the Greater sciatic notch thanks to the major complications that I endured during Tibet Erdogru’s least invasive Laproscopic PN surgery.That was the biggest mistake of my life by going to Turkey and trusting Tibet Erdogru.He is an incompetent doctor and I am surprised why he is still on the hope list of PN doctors.

Right after my surgery with Tibet,I developed localized SIJ pain on my right side but it subsided after eight months after the surgery.About seven weeks ago I developed bilateral lower back pain between an area which overlaps the SIJ and Illiac crest and it really gets worse when I walk.Sitting somehow makes it better.
I was of the opinion that severing both the ligaments caused SIJD/lower back pain.Severing the Sacrospinous ligament was almost SIJD risk free.However, if I have developed SIJ, I am devatated.This was the sole reason that I didn’t have TG surgery in the USA and avoided all surgeons who severed both ligaments.

I have suffered greatly at the hands of Tibet Erdogru and I don’t want anyone else to suffer like I did.I am very thankful to both Dr .Bautrant and Professor Oskar Aszmann for trying to help me without causing any damage to my body.

Regards,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey Ali. Good to hear from you and especially to hear that you are doing better after your surgery with Dr. Williams. ;) I'm very sorry to hear about your new pain. Have you been evaluated by a PT yet? SIJD is treatable to some extent and might be worth a try. I had SIJD before I ever had surgery and I can't really say that surgery has made it worse but I have had several prolotherapy injections that have helped a bit. They can be painful though because the goal is to set up inflammation in the SI ligament so that it will heal stronger. I had most of my prolotherapy injections with image guidance. The one I had from an osteopath that wasn't image guided was a little scary -- I wouldn't do that again! -- although I have to say it did help.

Let me answer your question about Dr. Erdogru being on the HOPE list of docs in a different thread because I don't want to hijack this thread.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Dear Violet,

I know that I would see your reply. :D :D :D .Is your pain localized to the Sacro-Illiac Joint or does it radiate down your leg.Secondly,does walking make it worse or you have no issues walking at all.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey Ali. Well..what happens is my PN pain increases and I get pain in the perineal area that makes me walk with a limp and sometimes I get pain in the joint itself. I also get pain in the piriformis muscle area with numbness tingling down the leg. I can just feel that my pelvis is loose and it typically happens after I have done some heavy lifting, twisting, or jarring exercise. If I don't do those things I'm fine, so I've just learned to be careful. How can you tell your SI joint is bad? Maybe you should have a lumbosacral MRI to make sure you don't have a nerve root impingment. Are you near a good PT or manual therapist?

Violet
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Violet,

It just hurts in the SIJ/Illiac crest when I walk.It's like a dull pain radiating more to the iliac crest.I have to find a new PT.I never had back pain before my surgery in Turkey.

Kind Regards,
Ali

Return to “SURGERY”